Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180311 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2015, 05:58:14 PM »
Pudgy-I think with every change that comes a small part of our collective memory history gets tainted somehow. Like it falls away. With each change is a step away from the past. Its a sad thing really, but to keep SDC alive they must grow and evolve. We will always have what was. Here. And to semi relive these memories we need SDC to stay open.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

puaa001

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:29 PM »
Thanks For Sharing information about Construction.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2015, 08:57:32 AM »
They do have to grow and evolve, but they don't have to veer so far off theme.  I think more people like the original theme than they realize. 

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2015, 09:30:30 PM »
I think more people like the original theme than they realize.
I was sitting next to a guy from St Louis Saturday night on Out Law Run.  Like myself he was a single rider and his kids wife were too scared.
He told me that was his first time at SDC, he said he lived close to Six Flags but he noted that he really liked how natural everything looked and the woodsy feel it had.   
The family was really enjoying the place.  It was good to see and he said they will be back because "it was not a concrete pad with rides on it"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2015, 06:57:14 AM »
Well guys, its really quiet on this thread.  I guess there is nothing notable going on for next year.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »
Yeah, where is our ole friend Laroy to stir the pot?!  :D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
There is, but most is BOH.  There will be some changes around the park like normal to help streamline things. The restroom upgrades will also continue
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 04, 2015, 03:02:30 PM »
Yeah, where is our ole friend Laroy to stir the pot?!  :D

LOL!  I was thinking that a few days ago! 

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2015, 10:58:37 PM »
There is, but most is BOH.  There will be some changes around the park like normal to help streamline things. The restroom upgrades will also continue

I've probably asked this before, but what does BOH stand for?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2015, 11:04:32 PM »
At this point I think we're just waiting to see if the HDH and mill rumors come true. If that is something they end up pursuing, I'm optimistic that they have a good plan in place. They usually leave me pleasantly surprised with how things turn out. Didn't see any signs of work in the area, but they could be waiting until after the park closes for the season.

I'm also hopeful that we'll get some new theming/decorations to replace all the stuff they've been ripping out lately.

BOH =Back of House, referring to backstage areas.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2015, 11:24:02 PM »
I have been here this whole time watching and waiting for the right time to chime in. I dont see myself as stirring the pot. I see myself as saying what most people are thinking, finding out whats being built or added, and hearing rumors. I have been coming on here every week when I have time between working and my days off.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2015, 12:39:54 AM »

I've probably asked this before, but what does BOH stand for?

Back Of House (off stage)
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 29, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »
Heard a couple of things this weekend... Nothing BIG, but a couple of items we have talked about in the past.  Of course, nothing may come out of it..

Look for a all new show at Echo Hollow next year, supposedly will not be sponsored by GAC any longer.  All new music.... hmm??

Seems as though the PTB are finally looking at updating the tree...... Led's, New program   Same tree-  Upgraded..    I like that idea..

Was also told "again" to keep an eye on the Riverfront Playhouse.  Something going to happen there or in that area.. not sure when, but keep watching..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #313 on: January 01, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »
How long has the tree in the middle of the big walkway area in front of the lumber camp been gone? Maybe it was taken out last year and I only noticed it again during Christmas, but it sure left a gap in the canopy and it doesn't look like they'll replace it.

It's got me wondering again about whether the park will leave much of the canopy in place as they go forward with various redevelopments throughout the park. They did OK with HDH, but didn't make a big effort to do much with FL or the OR area, or even GE of course. They like to keep things more open and simple these days like other parks. With all the natural tree die-offs and damage from storms, the park is getting less wooded all the time. We know that they need to do work on the entrance/HH area soon as well, so I wonder if that area will get a clear cut too...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 01, 2016, 07:47:45 PM »
I know its been gone for over a month. we were there weekend before thanksgiving, and it was gone then, too bad .....   Would like to see them bring in a chainsaw carver and do something with the stump....  But I don't suppose they will...