Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180265 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2015, 09:35:51 PM »
Now something like that would be HUGE. i dont know how huge, like biggest attraction yet huge, but it would still be huge and I think it would be really great.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
So, lets get down to it. What all is permanently closed as of now? what is suppose to go in there? What do you want to be there? How big does it look like it will be? Any info would be great so we can start putting the pieces of this puzzle together.

It may be just me, but Ive noticed a pattern here.

2012: Wilsons Farm and the barn swing (a big, family area)

2013: Outlaw Run (Coaster)

2014: no rides. just new shows like the parade.

2015: Firemans Landing (another big family area)

2016: ??? I think this is the year of the coaster. I havent heard any rumors of new shows at all. If there were, we would have heard them by now. I think its a coaster and I think they will announce it around the time they start building, probably in August, just like when they announced Firemans Landing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:45:11 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2015, 09:52:39 PM »
I'm not looking for a coaster in '16.  I think you'd be better off expecting something during the following year.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
I'd like to clear up the timeline from above (I'm omitting shows as those are not attractions)
2015 - Fireman's Landing
2014 -
2013 - Outlaw Run
2012 - Crossroads Pizza / Coke Corner
2011 - Half Dollar Holler
2010 - River Blast
2009 - Parking lot / road reroute
2008 - Culinary Arts School
2007 - Wilson's Farm / Giant Barn Swing
2006 - Grand Exposition
2005 - PowderKeg
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2015, 10:34:06 PM »
You omitted shows, but included pizza and Coke?  I see where your interests lie!  :D
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2015, 11:46:13 PM »
I'm not looking for a coaster in '16.  I think you'd be better off expecting something during the following year.

We'll see. You never know until we find out.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2015, 11:50:08 PM »

We'll see. You never know until we find out.

As much as I hope for a new coaster next year, Iagree with with HB saying it would be more likely in 2017.

Hollwood

« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2015, 05:43:56 AM »
The properties rarely spend huge amounts of capital dollars in the same year. 2015-2016 is defiantly Dollywood's year to shine.... Again... But anything HFE does is celebrated in a huge way. It just depends on what you consider a draw to the park, and that is going to be different for everyone. Keep in mind that Mom has to be happy first. If Mom wants to come to the park then the rest of the family will follow. My 2 cents is that 2016 will be quiet with park referb, new shows with the same festivals, and probably another extension of Moonlight Madness. 2017 will be resort announcement and all of 2017 will be spend highlighting the progress of the 2018 opening. And 2019 will be the "next big thing" to help fill the rooms.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2015, 07:48:41 AM »
I'd like to clear up the timeline from above (I'm omitting shows as those are not attractions)
2015 - Fireman's Landing
2014 -
2013 - Outlaw Run
2010 - River Blast
2006 - Grand Exposition
2005 - PowderKeg

Obviously Swoosh listing is for large money investments over the last 10 years.  Yes Pizza and coke is included, but that was a pricey, very extensive  modification/addition.
The only thing I would have added was the big frontage and building expansions they did at EH, I know not everyone goes down there. But that area was modified quite a bit 2 or 3 years ago..(yes I know it is show related)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
2015 - Fireman's Landing
2014 -
2013 - Outlaw Run
2010 - River Blast
2006 - Grand Exposition
2005 - PowderKeg

Obviously Swoosh listing is for large money investments over the last 10 years.  Yes Pizza and coke is included, but that was a pricey, very extensive  modification/addition.
The only thing I would have added was the big frontage and building expansions they did at EH, I know not everyone goes down there. But that area was modified quite a bit 2 or 3 years ago..(yes I know it is show related)

Don't forget at the front of that timeline was expenditures at Celebration City as well. As I've said in the past, when you include ride additions there and think of SDC and CC as one the adds where pretty much tit for tat. If you had combo season passes you had way more in Branson as far as HFE was concerned. Since that time Whitewater is pretty much stuck in the past, CC closed shop.and we watch a solid twisty woody rot. They only thing I regret them selling was that Super Splash. Let's be honest the flume wasn't themed worth a hoot, but it did have to drops compared to AP's one.

The mack water battles, S&S Giant Swings, and the The GCI coasters. SDC technically fell behind with the closure of CC. To the naked eye and without delving too deep, it feels like SDC has more small rides.

Dollywood's County Fair needs a Zipper

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
2017 will be resort announcement and all of 2017 will be spend highlighting the progress of the 2018 opening. And 2019 will be the "next big thing" to help fill the rooms.
I don't look to SDC opening a resort at this time.  I may be wrong but hotels like to stay around 90-95% capacity and with the shorter season in Branson that's just not in the numbers.  It also seems that Branson is still overbuilt in the hotel area.  If you juxtapose DW and SDC you would notice on a map that #1 DW is closer to the rest of Pigeon Forge than SDC is to Branson proper or just other attractions.
#2 DW SC is in the same parking lot so the resort can be centrally located between these offering a convenience that is tangible.  SDC and WW are not close to each other and even with a  tram to move guests to WW it would not be considered convenient.  As far as SDC is from town there must be more to draw you to the resort to stay  the night.  I used to stay at the BW in Branson West right behind the city and it was convenient but if you needed to go to Branson it was inconvenient, ultimately the Classic won out not only for price but for quick access to the malls, restaurants in Branson.   I don't see a resort as a good investment.  If WW was at the same location I could see the possibility but otherwise they don't have any convenience to sell with a resort.   
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:14:53 AM by mhguy77 »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »
2015 - Fireman's Landing
2014 -
2013 - Outlaw Run
2010 - River Blast
2006 - Grand Exposition
2005 - PowderKeg

I didn't realize that SDC rarely goes a year without a new ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »
You omitted shows, but included pizza and Coke?  I see where your interests lie!  :D

I also omitted Celebration City and White Water additions. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2015, 04:48:17 PM »

I don't have the dates for those changes, sorry.
SWOOSH

The Outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2015, 09:33:30 PM »
If anything replaces Flooded Mine anytime soon, it'll be another dark ride. A coaster in the middle of the park would totally ruin the feel of that area, and even current management wouldn't do that.