Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 181460 times)

Sheriff

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »
I'm still not looking for too much for 2016, but I would think if the summer ends strong and they have a decent flat ride addition in the pipeline, that could happen.

Is there any guesstimate to the summer attendance yet? Good? Bad? Average?

One would assume that nothing new at all will come in 2016 since we are in mid July with no signs of anything?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »
Just from the occasional glimpses we get, it seems like attendance has been up and down. I suspect the weather really killed them in May and June, but Spring was strong, and there's still a good chunk of summer left that looks like it will be good, especially with Moonlight Madness.

Mid July is still pretty early to see signs of anything, unless we were expecting a new coaster or something huge. If they're going to do something smaller like add a new flat ride then they could wait until Fall.

I'm not sure what I'd expect at this point, but I think they'll work on improving some vistas at the very least. Fixing up the back side of the theatre across from Fireman's Landing would be a good start.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
 Shave your right about the backside of theatre..  looks bad, also in that area the east side of riverfront looks bad, all boarded up and rotten deck/steps..  noticed the other day the little spring/waterfall east of riverfront not working either.....  HMM?

Maybe they are ignoring that area, because something is going to happen there?

Riverfront, Boatworks and the pottery shop, with the land in between and west of there?

That would be big enough for a "project"??  Wouldn't it?   ::) ::)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »
That's kind of what I think.  The Playhouse water feature has been defunct for a while now, and the Playhouse is probably riddled with rot and isn't long for this world.  That why I can envision a new waterfront on that side of the lake, as well.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2015, 06:57:46 PM »
Sanddunerunner, i was thinking the same thing. I hate how we cant go around back at Riverfront playhouse anymore and that waterfall hasnt been on in forever. I think there is a good chance of something going there, but I was thinking they might shorten Riverfront road by making it go thru there, then the Riverfront Road to the east of Boatworks could be torn out, and they could use that area plus Waterboggan Tower for one huge project. Because i dont see a reason to make that road so long, it just takes up space.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:00:13 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »
I don't see Flooded Mine going next....

Probably way off base, but I don't see them going into the middle of the park to do something next..  I look for an "addition" to the FL area. Whether it incorporates the WB area, or goes across the street to the Riverfront Playhouse/Boatworks Theatre area.  Seems to be so much repair/maint needed, its almost as if they are ignoring that area for now?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
Probably way off base, but I don't see them going into the middle of the park to do something next.

Who knows what they'll do next.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:15:48 PM by Tmboote »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2015, 12:29:21 PM »
Well as always, someone is right, and someone is wrong. I cant wait to see who is and what will be built/upgraded.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:30:32 PM by Laroy »

phantomposter32

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
Riverfront Playhouse/Boatworks Theatre area.  Seems to be so much repair/maint needed, its almost as if they are ignoring that area for now?

Well Riverfront Playhouse has been condemned.  The rumor is both it and Boatworks will be removed for the next project. We'll see, right?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2015, 05:22:00 PM »
Riverfront Playhouse/Boatworks Theatre area.  Seems to be so much repair/maint needed, its almost as if they are ignoring that area for now?

Well Riverfront Playhouse has been condemned.  The rumor is both it and Boatworks will be removed for the next project. We'll see, right?

I thought I heard that would probably be for 2017?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »

[/quote]

So? the RP is closed/condemned? nothing going to be in there the rest of the year?.   when did this happen....?

phantomposter32

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »
I do not have full specs on what all is wrong with the building, so sorry cannot elaborate.
With regards to the other part of your question, it will be used during Christmas

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »
I do not have full specs on what all is wrong with the building, so sorry cannot elaborate.
With regards to the other part of your question, it will be used during Christmas

How can they used a condemned building?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2015, 07:53:33 PM »
So it is closed, yet they will still be using it? That doesnt make any sense. Is it closed for good and coming down or not? What is going in? I havent had time to go since 2 months ago because I got a job 2 weeks ago. I will be going soon though, on my days off.  I plan on looking closely at what is happening.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2015, 08:59:36 PM »
I suspect the Riverfront will be a project that we see sooner than later.  As I've said, RP is old (but I love it).  Whatever they replace it with would probably transform the lakefront, much like FL did.  This may be part of a larger plan to manage the lake.

That doesn't mean FM couldn't be part of the same overarching plan, though.  An attraction that spans the railroad could be in their thoughts.  I haven't looked at the map to see how that all could go together, though.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating