Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 181579 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2015, 08:47:12 AM »
They should remove the rocks and the story time circle ect and restore the woods and natural look.  The tree house on the end and the carousel are ok but the other areas are not used at all and a blight to the wooded feel the bridge area used to have.  I think this was a misstep for SDC>  Remove the alterations or put in a large water feature under the bridge.  SDC are masters of water, they could make something really nice and there is water there now.  Just expand
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:09:06 AM by mhguy77 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2015, 10:41:03 AM »
Your right there MH.  Something should be done with that "dead" area..  It looks bad with nothing in it...

Hmm....  Make a good place for a pond and fountain...???

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
As a mom who has kids that need the itty bitty kiddie rides and the bigger kid rides, I would hate to have all of the itty bitty stuff placed together.  My twins are finally old enough to do rides on their own, but my three year old needs those itty bitty rides.  If you separate them in two areas, at least one child will always be left out.  The planners have done a great job making sure there is a decent variety of rides for different ages in the park.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2015, 10:07:51 AM »
True, I have always thought that HDH was a bad idea, except the carousel. I like that the carousel is back, but they took the lil swings out and took them to FL and stopped doing story time. Thats like half of the stuff GONE. Thats not how that part of the park should be treated. Come up with an idea for stuff/rides there and keep them there. Make the place look good, without moving it.

I think they should move 1 or 2 of the Itty Bitty Kiddie rides from GE to HDH because I have a hunch that we might just be getting a coaster near GE soon. So, they might be moving those 3 rides somewhere. Ever since they took out lil swings, i wasnt happy because i wanted HDH took be popular because I was glad they made that spot look better than it used to look. Something needs to go under the bridge. I dont care what! But, I do looooove anything that has moving water or a waterfall. Its so peaceful. I vote for a nice, peaceful garden with a waterfall, creek, and bridge, like CC had.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:18:07 AM by Laroy »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »
Something needs to go under the bridge. I dont care what! But, I do looooove anything that has moving water or a waterfall. Its so peaceful. I vote for a nice, peaceful garden with a waterfall, creek, and bridge, like CC had.
I agree Laroy!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2015, 12:14:54 PM »
I also agree Laroy...excellent ideas
Colorado SDC Fan

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:24 PM »
I like the peaceful area idea, but I also like putting the "nature" rides (ladybugs, butterflies, frogs) in there.  After all the money they spent on the area, it is disappointing.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2015, 09:51:20 PM »
The walking bridge is right there and with a little work they could incorporate a water fall from under the bridge into a larger body of water that the mill can also empty into.
It would look natural and would go with the area.  I think this would help restore some peace to the area for those waiting for the kids on the tree house.  Give the area a purpose don't just let it sit unused.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »
The walking bridge is right there and with a little work they could incorporate a water fall from under the bridge into a larger body of water that the mill can also empty into.
It would look natural and would go with the area.  I think this would help restore some peace to the area for those waiting for the kids on the tree house.  Give the area a purpose don't just let it sit unused.

👍👍👍👍👍

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
Is the construction equipment in the blue area still from Fireman's Landing, or is it future construction?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »
Old picture is old
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
Is the construction equipment in the blue area still from Fireman's Landing, or is it future construction?

I asked the same question not long ago. They were just clearing the employee parking lot. No new ride construction there.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »
Since DW seems to be getting a new coaster for 2016, does that mean we should be expecting less for SDC next year? DW is just going to stay on a streak of getting a coaster every other year while SDC gets one every five if we're lucky.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »
^That's the general thought. DW's still got a lot of that $300 million to spend. There's no reason to expect a coaster for next year in any case, but IMO anything is possible from 2017 onward.

I know the rains must have put a dent into attendance for this year, and it looks like there's more around the corner. That's really unfortunate for them, but it sounded like they had a strong spring and if there's plenty of time left in the season to have a banner year. If we're going to see much more investment soon, we really need some strong numbers from Fireman's Landing. I really want to see the park prosper from all the good effort they put into it - we don't want GE to go down as one of the most financially successful additions in park history.

I'm still not looking for too much for 2016, but I would think if the summer ends strong and they have a decent flat ride addition in the pipeline, that could happen.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »
Hopefully they'll have an "end-of-season" attendance push like last season so they can have good attendance figures this season.