Author Topic: DW's 2009/10 Project: Adventure Mountain  (Read 13609 times)

sdcforever

Re: DW's 2009 Project: Adventure Mountain
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 06:48:04 AM »
Screamscape has some new photos of AM.  Check them out here:  http://screamscape.com/html/dw_-_2010_0.htm

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
It looks alright I guess. But I really, really don't want to see anything like this at SDC.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »
^My thoughts exactly.  I wish it in some way resembled a mountain, but it really doesn't.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »
^Agreed.  It looks like something that was made for a Nickelodeon game show.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: DW's 2009/10 Project: Adventure Mountain
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
The name "Mountain" doesn't mean that it is supposed to look like a "mountain" - it is themed to ranger stations that were found in the mountains.

I personally think it looks amazing.  These attractions are a heck of a lot of fun.  The one at Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America is busy all the time and is a lot smaller then this one (though I think NU's might be taller).

I think it would be a great family attraction at SDC.  However, I don't think there should be a rush to add one to the park as there are other things that should be added first.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 11:01:59 PM »
So far its been getting smashing reviews, so it must be a lot funner than it looks. I'm sure it's great to do with a group or even just a friend or two.

I'm with Swoosh, I can see one coming to SDC, but I hope we get a couple of other things first.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
It's a blast 2 and a 1/2 hours and stil can't finish it!!! Camp Teachittoome is the ADA compliant part of it. SDC does need one, they could do like Dollywood & build it into the hillside! It's a great family attraction i even saw Mom's & Dad's holding there little ones hand while the experienced it together. For Children that want there grandparents to experience, but the grandparent dosen't want to do the challenges there are bridges & stairs to take, so they can wait at the other end on there grandchildren. PLUS! there are rest stops, throughout the attraction with benches & waterfountains, it is a incredible hit at DW, and with the DW operators me & my brother only had to wait 15-20minutes with alot of people in line. On weekends so many people do it that it has 2-3 hour waits. The line moves fast, you can change courses, & can stay on as long as you want. IT IS GREAT!!!! and  would be a great addition for SDC. :)