Author Topic: 1branson board technical problems  (Read 5125 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
1branson board technical problems
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:43 PM »
I know that some of you are also members on the 1branson board. Have any of you been able to get on the 1branson board since Sunday night?  I tried several times on Monday and again today and have had no luck. I have tried with IE and with Chrome. Have heard from some other 1branson board members via email and they have not been able to get on, either.

Was just wondering if anyone here knew what was going on.  Thanks.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: 1branson board technical problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:43 PM »
It's definitely down: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/1branson.com

Hmm, very odd for it to be down this long and with no warning or explanation. Isn't 1Branson operated by a media/tourism group?

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:24:54 AM »
just tried this morning, Wed., i use Mozilla Firefox, still cant get on. ???
Live life like it's the last day!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:02:28 AM »
It's not working with Safari this morning.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
It's not an issue with any browser, the site is just plain down. It could mean the parent group has changed hands or shut down, or they are performing a poorly-planned makeover of the site. They don't update their twitter or have a facebook page though, so there's no way to know.

It kind of worries me, 1Branson was a good site to occasionally plug SDCFans. I'm pretty sure most of our members migrated from there. It was a fairly well run forum too, the only other place to talk about Branson (other than here), is topix, which is full of racists and crazy people and isn't moderated.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
The board is owned by the Branson Tourism Center and several of the articles on their website refer to 1branson board posts. Very strange....

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 11:28:48 AM »
It's also very curious that the owner's tourism website no longer mentions, or has a button to click for the forum. Hum, did the Delete Fairy delete himself? Too much information shared on other places to get tickets? Too much comment on some negative aspects of Branson? Not enough on an informative forum generating business for the owner? Or just a complete technical breakdown?
Seems the owner, administrator, moderators, or somebody knows about this forum, and would at least make some mention of what is going on. Or maybe not, if it isn't a technical problem.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 03:23:21 PM »
Looks like they are finally working on it. They blame technical issues, which sounds like they had a major server failure of some sort. Probably using a local hosting company or servers provided by their web guy... Three days of downtime is pretty much unheard of, especially for such a large site. Hope they find someone who can set them up with a new setup after all of this.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
Looks like they are still down...

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
The Branson Tourism Center website is now down, too. It was still working when the 1branson troubles started. The BTC Facebook page has posts dated 6/2 and 6/4 but doesn't mention any problems with the 1branson board or with the BTC website. Wonder if anyone who lives in Branson has given the BTC a call to see what is going on?

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
I don't live in B town, but did send them an email yesterday about the problem.......No answer so far. Maybe every computer in the place has died. Funny, on another thread here there is somebody with the usename Hollywood. Hum, ring a bell with 1b members. But not one word from him on this topic. Verrrrrry in-ter-ethinging.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
^I don't think that's the same person. Not sure what you're getting at here. Many of our users use both forums though.

Still down. 1Branson was a big forum with a large amount of traffic. Like I said earlier, this is unheard of for such a large site to go down like this for so long. It's going to have a hard time getting its numbers back up if it stays down much longer - people will move somewhere else and setup camp.

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »
Not sure what you're getting at here.

Still down. 1Branson was a big forum with a large amount of traffic.

That's exactly what I'm getting at! Something other than technical problems must be going on.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
The 1branson board was hacked late Sunday night/early Monday morning. Site was taken down. As of this afternoon the forum is up and running although maintenance is still going on. However, everyone is encouraged to go to the User CP and change their passwords. And if you used the same password on another site, they suggest that you go and change that, too.