Author Topic: Indian Ridge  (Read 5338 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Indian Ridge
« on: July 25, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »
Here are two shots of the Indian Ridge progress west of SDC, another slice into the Ozark Mountains:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:17:52 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Indian Ridge
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »
Great, more McMansions to scar the hills. If people enjoy the ozark views so much, why do the insist on ruining them? It won't be long till the other side of that valley is covered in McMansions as well.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »
I am going to enjoy watching those people trying to get out of those newly constructed roads when they are snow and ice covered... lol

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »
^^^That is sad. Hopefully they'll try to replant a lot of the trees so someday things can go back to the way they should be.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 12:11:30 AM »
I hate projects like this.  It is destroying the reason most came to Branson in the first place...the hills.  I have been noticing new houses popping up on some of the old Bald knobs lately.  These bald knobs were the meeting places for the Baldknobbers, and the reason for the name "Baldknobbers".  Just another piece of history destroyed forever.  I wonder if any artifacts are ever turned up when the excavating for these new houses is done?

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »
I am going to enjoy watching those people trying to get out of those newly constructed roads when they are snow and ice covered... lol

That will be fun!  You should get pictures if you can! :D

The sad part about this is, I bet most of the people moving in to these exclusive resorts have no idea about the history that lies beneath their feet.  They just see luxury all around them in the resorts. :(