Author Topic: Homestay Inn 2014, 417 336 2666  (Read 31709 times)

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Homestay Inn 2014, 417 336 2666
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »
No worries Dollar, we have moved you and your dad's reservations to Econo. You are all set there! Apologize for the change!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
Sounds good Paige, we've never stayed there before, so maybe a nice change of pace. I guess he would have gotten around to telling us sooner or later!  :)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »
Well it sounds like it will be at least the first of May (rumors of the 15 of may) before Homestay opens back up!! Not sure what to think about that. ??? But it is Paige's bosses decision.....

Also If you try to call Paige, call her cell.. NOT the office number, it has been forwarded to another location. They are answering it during the daytime to set up reservations later on in the year, and to try to have you come over to the Econo-Lodge to stay for the time being..

.. I would think that until Homestay gets opened up and ready to go, we may as well call Katy @ Classic..  Several of us have stayed there off an on, and I think we all had good expeirences there.

Classic does have a very nice continental breakfast., along with being also on the west side of town., I like it there. ....

SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-For the next 3 weeks or so, you may give Katy at Classic Motor Inn a call @ .417-334-6991... She is prepared to continue our SDCFan discount, and said she is looking forward to assisting us with our motel/hotel needs ;D..

I have already made a couple of reservations with them already....

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
 I wanted to chime and and let you know that I called the Classic,  they do seen very nice and accommodating.  I sure am a Homestay fan but Classic is open year round so those early and late travelers may want to keep this in mind.
I wont abandon Page but I also need options,  they do have pet rooms and are very nice folks.
Thanks for the tip Sand!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 05:48:43 AM »
That's a great point MH, they do have pet rooms, and I am pretty sure they have smoking rooms too.....  forgot about that part. :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
??? ??? I thought they were supposed to open on 1 April or was that some kind of joke?  ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 01:02:29 PM »
No Okie, she was open on April 1st, had a few reservations made, But the "PTB"  ;) didn't think there was enough business to justify staying open.. ??? ???..   

So they (PTB) laid everyone off and delayed/reschedule the opening date..  But we don't know at this time, if it is the 1st ??? or the 15th ??? of may..

LOL.. Inquiring minds want to know ::) ::) ::)

Anyway stayed posted, and we will update when/if we find something out :D :D

But as mentioned before Katy @ Classic Motor Inn is open and ready, and is extending the SDCfan discount to us. :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »
Received a couple of Private Messages this weekend for clarification.....

Yes Classic has pet rooms.  NO they do not charge a deposit or an additional fee for pets.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:14 AM »
Looks like May 15th is the unofficial "official" season "reopener"!!..  LOL...  anyway another 30 days or so.

I did talk to Katy (again), and she is glad to have us stay with her, and the SDCFan price will be good all year.!  So.....  If for some reason you cant get into homestay, give her a call....

Just like homestay, our price is good any day, any weekend, as long as she has an opening.

Katy @ Classic Motor Inn.....417-334-6991

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »
Is that the $35 rate I paid in march?
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 07:02:23 AM »
No okie, that is there "winter" rate, Price after April 1 is either 38.00 or 40.oo, don't remember which...

I will be at Classic this weekend, and let you know..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
WELL apparantly the 15th is out.. :(....  Talked to Paige she is "hoping" for memrial weekend, we should kno something by the end of the week......  LOL... OK>  heard that one before.!!!..... ::) ::)

I called the homestay line the other day, and the "other" motel ansered and told me thay did not know hne she would be open.... very vague answers...... they offered to let me make a reservations.... If paige isnt open, reservation would automatically transfer to econo lodge.... BUT no phone call wouldbe made to verify that info...?????  WRONG way to handle that...  I am seeing some negative feedback from the econo lodge team...

I will be at CLassic Inn, NO way i will stay at econo,,  Paige boss tranferred her people over there and left paige without personel...So when she does open, she will be open with a whole new crew...  BUT Paige will handle it as we all know.....

So for now, give Katy a call at Classic and give them a chance... They have matched our room rate and would be nice if a few more of us stayed there off and on through the year, to show them we appreciate their (classic) 
effort,, maybe even after Paige opens up... there have been a few of us staying, but would like to see more....

More details on Paige as I get them.....

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 08:33:17 PM »
WELL apparantly the 15th is out.. :(....  Talked to Paige she is "hoping" for memrial weekend, we should kno something by the end of the week......  LOL... OK>  heard that one before.!!!..... ::) ::)

I called the homestay line the other day, and the "other" motel ansered and told me thay did not know hne she would be open.... very vague answers...... they offered to let me make a reservations.... If paige isnt open, reservation would automatically transfer to econo lodge.... BUT no phone call wouldbe made to verify that info...?????  WRONG way to handle that...  I am seeing some negative feedback from the econo lodge team...

I will be at CLassic Inn, NO way i will stay at econo,,  Paige boss tranferred her people over there and left paige without personel...So when she does open, she will be open with a whole new crew...  BUT Paige will handle it as we all know.....

So for now, give Katy a call at Classic and give them a chance... They have matched our room rate and would be nice if a few more of us stayed there off and on through the year, to show them we appreciate their (classic) 
effort,, maybe even after Paige opens up... there have been a few of us staying, but would like to see more....

More details on Paige as I get them.....

This whole thing is weird ... is Homestay even going to open this year?  Thought it was strange when I was in Branson in April and Homestay was the only motel on that stretch of SOH that was not open. Is Paige at Econo these days or what?

We have been staying at Classic and will be there again this month. Almost have enough stays for a free night.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 09:07:31 PM »
Biscuit,  YES she will be open.  Sooner than later we all hope...

Just some upper managment issues going on...  Lo traffic count, and the owner ond 3 motels in town, and he HAS to keep the name brand open due to contracts... SO has elected to hold off on homestay...  probably a good decison on his part..... BUT i dont have to like it!!   LOL...  Just my opinion here...

And at this point in time, NO Paige is not directly affiliated with econo... yes she does help with some of the behind the scenes manager duties....  But is not and "active" manager over there...

Things will settle down,,  just irritates me at how this season is progressing.... :(...  And once again this is MY opinion....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »
Yea, Biscuit I forgot about the "coupon" thing....

If you stay 5 times at classic in 1 year, you get 1 night free..

They give you a card, and write in the dates you stay.... when its all filled up you sleep for free!!!....... ;)