Author Topic: Closed for the season......  (Read 5866 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Closed for the season......
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »
Well it is over now.. Closed for 2013.  ended up cold, but no rain or ice and there were a little 9000 people at the park to say good bye to the year..

What was you 1 best memory for this year? 1st ride on OR? 1st apple dumpling? LOL?  what?

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Closed for the season......
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
Our first ride on Outlaw Run has to be my top SDC memory of the year!  The hubby and I were able to make new SDC memories together instead of just re-living our old separate memories of the park. Number 2 was convincing some friends of ours to get season passes for 2014 so we can go together. :)
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
Didn't ride OR....the apple dumpling with cinnamon ice cream was the best. Convincing my sister and her hubs to get season passes and visit THE CITY with us was the next best thing. They are lucky they were married in 1976, so free passes for them in 2014. Can't wait  for us to go to SDC  in 2014.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
Taking my almost 2 yr old at the time on her first "Choo Choo" (train) ride, and seeing her face light up when she rode the "Horsies" (carousel). Our trips to the park have changed totally, now I see GE, and the kiddie rides most of the time, with a quick browsing of the stores, but all worth it for that little girl!

We returned on the 28th, and yesterday I asked her what we did at "The City", her response was "choo choo", what else I asked "candles", what else "bugs". Ahh I love here memory! I'll ask her about it everyday until we go back if I have to!

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
Going during our spring break and experiencing the BLIZZARD of Branson! :o  Almost had the entire city to ourselves.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
WOW, we only went 5 days in 13. Very low compared to our usual amount of days we visit the city.

You asked for the "1 BEST MEMORY"  ----  HMMMMM!!
I guess being in the city while it was snowing (and snow on the ground)!!!  Not just once, but twice. Spring & fall.  Having the park to ourselves not just once but 3 days this year (twice in snow-once in rain) 

YUP I guess the weird weather days would be the thing I will remember for years to come.

But I will follow up on riding OR for the first time with my Son (him & I have conquered every new coaster together - except Screamin Eagle which I rode the first time with my Dad).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »
Best memory...getting to be there opening day to see the crowds for Outlaw Run. Frankly, in my entire history with the park (going back to 1970) I've never seen such crowds on an opening day, and for a new attraction. I also was on park this last Saturday, when park attendance topped 23,000, and again, I have never, ever, seen such a big crowd on hand. I imagine that this year park attendance was up, season pass sales up, and I'll bet because of the success of OR, we will see other big projects like that every few years or so. My saddest memories, I only got to use my season pass those two days this year, due to a change in jobs, an uncertainty of income, and so on. I really hate it that four of the five free passes I got went to waste, and that I did not have a chance to make it on park at least four or five times this year.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
Most memorable, but definitely not favorite memory, would have to be that I only made it to the park once this year.  My season pass was definitely wasted this year due to unforeseen circumstances. Hopefully, I can make up for lost time next year.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
I would have to say going to OTC ( dressed in our coveralls ) for the first time & seeing all the lights & the park just empty as all get out, would be my best memory of this year. Plus, going back in March right after my brother & his wife got married, was a great memory too.  ;D
Live life like it's the last day!

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »
Mine would be going to the city on the first day of Ozark Mountain Christmas. I've always wanted to go in the fall and finally got there... except the park was decorated for Christmas while the trees were all gold and orange and brown. Next year I resolve to get there earlier in October so it's decorated for fall.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »
Well it is over now.. Closed for 2013.  ended up cold, but no rain or ice and there were a little 9000 people at the park to say good bye to the year..

What was you 1 best memory for this year? 1st ride on OR? 1st apple dumpling? LOL?  what?

Riding Outlaw Run and finally meeting Sanddunerider and Qwed94!
I'm Your Huckleberry

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:36 PM »
and me LOL

It was awesome to meet you Duelist. I'm prpbably not gonna make it in 2014 unless they hire me.   :D

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:49 PM »
DeweyBald, we also went during the spring break snow.  I loved our pictures from that day.  It was a great memory.  Another great memory was taking my four-year-old.  It was the two of us, and we met my parents there for a couple of days.  It was a very different trip for the two of us!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
and me LOL

It was awesome to meet you Duelist. I'm prpbably not gonna make it in 2014 unless they hire me.   :D

Of course Okiebluegrass too!  ;D
I'm Your Huckleberry

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 11:56:32 PM »
Always OMC with my family.  Many memories made each year.