Author Topic: New Times arrived..  (Read 9427 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
New Times arrived..
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:03:19 AM »
Wanted to be the first to say I have a new Times flyer!!  haven't even opened yet.!!  I got my mail from the weekend and it was in the pile.. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Times arrived..
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:39 AM »
quick review.:

blugrass 3 weeks again..may8 thru june1

the new summer festival is called "star spangled summer"... june 7 thru july 20

Harvest cowboy festival will be back, with the stunt show,. "NEW" wild west show...

Also "last year, gifts of Christmas light parade"

other than that info, not a lot of other info..  lots of specials, advertising, some coupons for admittance tot he park..

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »
I haven't received anything yet. Did you say that 2014 is the last of the Christmas lights parade? That's an interesting tidbit! I am curious how they are going to pull off the Star Spangled Summer festival all summer long. Although I am sure it will be very popular around July 4th.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »
Ozark, this is the last year for the "gifts if Christmas light parade"...

indications are an all new parade next year. (probably)
\

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »
I got my Times, also.  I'm usually one of the last one to receive it!  Woot!  Woot!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »
I haven't gotten mine yet... :-(
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »
we got ours yesterday. & to our surprise, there is a coupon for "2 one day tickets for $30.00." good till Dec. 1st, but only for Thurs. Fri. & Sun. but NOT good for Thanksgiving & the day after. so, what this means is, we were going to go to ol' downtown Branson with my parents on the 23rd of this month. but now it looks like we will finally get to see the christmas lights at SDC on the 22nd & hang out with my parents on the 23rd. plans are not set in stone, & if it happens, i will try to shoot video & post it.  ;D
Live life like it's the last day!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
The format is different. It's a booklet instead of a fold out.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
The new light parade will feature Rudolf, whom they "purchased" last year.  I have been waiting to see how he would make his entrance into the park.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 10:20:24 PM »
The new light parade will feature Rudolf, whom they "purchased" last year.  I have been waiting to see how he would make his entrance into the park.

I cannot wait until they make the concept art public.  From what I have seen, it looks like it will be pretty epic.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »
I haven't received anything yet. Did you say that 2014 is the last of the Christmas lights parade? That's an interesting tidbit! I am curious how they are going to pull off the Star Spangled Summer festival all summer long. Although I am sure it will be very popular around July 4th.

Fireworks foimg off from a floating barge on Lake Silver that culminates in an announcement of new industry (new farworks factree attraction)coming to the city at the end of the festival for 2015. The fly in the ointment, potential fire bans in the hills.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 08:10:13 AM »

I cannot wait until they make the concept art public.  From what I have seen, it looks like it will be pretty epic.
DH and I were never fans of the parade. Perhaps we're just the wrong age and don't have kids.  But I am looking forward to the Rudolph parade next year. It's one of my top Christmas movies, and if Swoosh says it looks good then it must be good!

We haven't gotten ours yet either.  We usually do, but we didn't get the last one for some reason so I'm not sure if ours will come.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:41 AM »
My copy arrived yesterday. Below the address it has printed "Postmaster -- Please Deliver Between October 28 - November 6.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 11:00:17 AM »
I have yet to receive mine, but maybe I will get it tonight. Ironically enough, I will be at the park this weekend. :P

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
Got mine today.