Author Topic: November 2 - Opening Day of the Christmas Festival - Question  (Read 8553 times)

dc_mpa

• View Profile
Re: November 2 - Opening Day of the Christmas Festival - Question
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »
Not much to report on the park I'm afraid. It was as decked out for Christmas as the recent previous years. Cinnamon bread came right out of the oven and absolutely no line to get it (double bonus!). Umm, got some great buys on last years christmas decorations and ornaments so by other half was excited about that. The foliage was jaw dropping.

Can you remind us what the other big news was outside if the Outlaw Run?  I am drawing a blank...

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »
Me too!  But driving me crazy!

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 11:35:42 PM »
the big news was the new character that SDC get to use as the theme. That character was?????
Gee Swoosh, can I tell or is it suddenly hush, hush?  (That is if I remember correctly who it is) I think I know, has something to do with the color 9
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 11:52:15 PM »
Not much to report on the park I'm afraid. It was as decked out for Christmas as the recent previous years. Cinnamon bread came right out of the oven and absolutely no line to get it (double bonus!). Umm, got some great buys on last years christmas decorations and ornaments so by other half was excited about that. The foliage was jaw dropping.

Can you remind us what the other big news was outside if the Outlaw Run?  I am drawing a blank...

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 05:58:37 AM »
The other big news, as you will remember, is that SDC licensed rights for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. So, how was Rudolph's presence at the Christmas festival in the shops, and on the streets?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
I want to enjoy my November and Thanksgiving first before getting into the Christmas spirit.  It's not likely that we'll get there before December, so that works out.  We are thinking of going during the weekend AFTER Christmas Day, however.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 04:31:54 PM »
The other big news, as you will remember, is that SDC licensed rights for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. So, how was Rudolph's presence at the Christmas festival in the shops, and on the streets?

Not over the top this year -- give it a year
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
Thanks, Swoosh!   Oh by the way people...if you go to the Christmas festival, PLEASE post some photos. I love those pictures of all the lights. Of course, some holiday shots of some of our favorite citizens are welcome, too.  :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »

Not over the top this year -- give it a year

slow boat, china, yada yada yada

sdccitizen47

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
Cant wait to be there in December. We love SDC anytime. My sister has never been to SDC at Christmas and we will be bringing her this Christmas. Hope all yall have fun this Christmas Season.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
My teenage boys are even talking like they might want to put down the XBOX controller and accompany me to SDC this winter. What gives with that?