Author Topic: This attraction MUST GO!  (Read 12900 times)

LadyDrifter

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: This attraction MUST GO!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »
My vote would be the tree house as well.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
Well, if the attraction would be moved to my backyard...bring on the treehouse!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »
I really do not consider he treehouse a attraction since it has been closed for years.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
WOW! I was surprised to see over a hundred people viewed this thread in the first 12 hours it was started! I guess I'd better chime in here on what I would do...I HATE to see any of the old things go, because, in my opinion, with some TLC and a relatively small amount of cash (when compared to the cost of the latest coaster) I think they all could be revamped and brought back up to par. The Tree House and AP and Flooded Mine probably need the most attention, the tree house would need a wheelchair ramp or themed elevator for ADA purposes, but if completely made over, it could be fantastic. If it came down to an actual decision, I'd guess I would have to say tree house. Since Jack's Sandwich Shop is also "lost" the PTB could revamp that small area with something of high impact. But, I'm old school all the way and would hate to see the restaurant building or the tree house demolished. Repurpose what is there, it could work OK. 

YES!
Another vote for the tree house for the aforementioned reasons. Although I'm not sure how that would really free up enough space for a new attraction. As for FM not having lines, I agree. And I love it. It's the one ride we know we can usually get on without a long wait. Now, on with my slightly off topic tangent: I understand the park needs people to make money. I understand the park wants rides and attractions that will attract more people, more money. However I don't get why they act like it's not ok unless every single square inch of the park isn't elbow to elbow with people and every ride has 400,000,000,000,000,000,000 people standing in line for it every second of every day of every month of the year. Increasing attendance is fine, to a point. Unless they are going to physically make the square footage (or acreage, whatever you choose to call it) bigger at some point they won't be able to fit any more people in there. One of the reasons I enjoy going is because I know when to go when it usually isn't crowded. If that ever stops and there are no "slow days", at that point I will quit going.

YES!  I love these responses!  Oh, and Rube's ...
Well, if the attraction would be moved to my backyard...bring on the treehouse!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
As much as people keep talking about the treehouse, I still like to see it and tell my children about it.

FM has its place as the original "theme park" ride in the park.  Still, restore the scenes and get rid of the guns that usually don't work anyway.  I does like me a dark ride.

AP, however, is outdated, and has been allowed to deteriorate - not to mention it is not themed as well as it once was, with a longer channel, a realistic cavern, and catchy music to boot.  I would not miss it if it were to be replaced, but would rather, like most of you, see it upgraded and restored to its former glory.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 12:35:38 PM »
Americas plunge

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »
This just in:  The American Plunge will be renamed America's Moral Plunge.  The ride will be updated and will be classified on all park maps as an extremely frightening attraction for all ages.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 05:07:09 PM »
This just in:  The American Plunge will be renamed America's Moral Plunge.  The ride will be updated and will be classified on all park maps as an extremely frightening attraction for all ages.

Miley Cyrus and the Kardashians could be ride operators (in period costumes of course)
I'm Your Huckleberry

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 07:18:23 PM »

Miley Cyrus and the Kardashians could be ride operators (in period costumes of course)

said no one ever!! :o  BAHAHAHA!

warp9p65

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »
The Waterworks Waterboggan tower needs to go.  Put another attraction or craft shop there.  Make the space useful.  AP needs a re-work.  The channel is not long enough.  It's just through the tunnel, around the bend, and then up the conveyer belt to the top. 

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 11:18:05 PM »
Well Miley "CRYUS" and the "Kar(trash)ians" would certainly make it a "frieghtening" ride for sure.
As far as which attraction should go away.  None of them!  Instead FIX them.  Yes. As mentioned, redo/remodel/rebuild the AP. Freshen up the FM. Giddy up Grandaddy Mansion a bit.  Make the treehouse functional again.  Heck, for that matter, Bring Jacks back to its glory.  Sub sammiches are the thing these days (even though I dont care much for them), the masses just love those things today. Look at the chains now. Everything from Subway, to Jimmy Johns, to Quiznos, to Blimpies, and Im sure many many more.  People as a whole, likes fresh made subs, with fresh prepared ingredients.
Bring Back Jacks!!!!!

What must go! --- The waterboggan tower.  As much as I dont like these rides. It really would be a great location for an S&S Drop Tower Ride.

But in honosty, Id rather see what we have refurbished as opposed to removed.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »
Hey now, the Waterboggan tower is still in use! They use it string a multiple story tall wall of lights during Old Time Christmas. ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »
I am really not ok with this thread.  If anything it is encouraging the PTB to take out an existing attraction and sort of saying that we're all right with that.  I personally am not.  I like everything that is currently at the park and would like them to continue to add new stuff and just "plus without removal" of the current stuff...

that's just me though
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
Swoosh, Agreed!! 

that's why I haven't touched this thread,,,, as I have said before.....  well we have all said before...  take a million bucks or so and revamp/repair the existing rides... If you want to add rides there is space where WB used to be and I believe there is space above and behind the waterfall area.....  as well other areas on the outskirts... 

Just isn't any room left in the heart of the park... HDH took out our last quiet/serene area...  need to stay to the outside lying areas.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
I am really not ok with this thread.  If anything it is encouraging the PTB to take out an existing attraction and sort of saying that we're all right with that.  I personally am not.  I like everything that is currently at the park and would like them to continue to add new stuff and just "plus without removal" of the current stuff...

that's just me though

I'm not saying remove any existing operating ride/attraction to the point where it's not there anymore but it would be nice to see the American Plunge restored or built even better.  Even the PTB have to admit that one has fallen to some neglect.
I'm Your Huckleberry