Author Topic: The Cave  (Read 6174 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
a haunt in an authentic cave would be.......... wait this isn't worlds of fun.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »
We (well, me and my kids the wife won't go down there) do it at least once a season. Have not done the lantern tour but would like to. I'm not sure why you think it gets no respect though, everytime I'm up there anywhere near a tour start time the line is always full.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »
We go down to the cave about every-other year. It's great though!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 08:32:42 AM »
We did the cave tour at least once a year every year as a kid. Hubby and I went a couple seasons and did the cave. I was greatly disappointed and we've been a bit soured and not done it again since. There were more people on the tour than I've ever remembered. The guide stopped at the bottom and gave the entire cave spiel for the first half of the cave. We then walked rushed through, not stopping to see anything. Got halfway, gave the spiel for the rest and rushed through the final half of the cave. I could have personally given a cave tour that was 10 times better than that and with more stories. That being said, I would like to do the lantern tour simply because you get to see a different section of the cave. But we seldom stay late enough in the day for that.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"