Author Topic: Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt  (Read 6475 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:20:11 AM »
I dont know what to say.... That place was PACKED!! :o We watched the parade of monsters & headed to London Terror. We stood in that line, which was probably 50 yards past the que line, for about 30 minutes. We barely moved so we gave up on that one. It was between 8-9pm by then. Went to Corn Stalkers & it was even worse. We knew it was gunna be busy, but this was crazy ???It was a nice night weather wise. They were parking cars in the grass around the parking lots.

As many people as were there, & differant type of folks, i dont see how so many people would have the patience to wait that long for 1 attraction. If we would of stayed until they closed, i bet we would of gotten only 2 scary attractions in. Great for them, bad for us. I am not dogging the park or anyone else, i just dont have the patience for waiting THAT long. Call me weird, but thats the way it is. :-X We gave up at 10:30 & went home. We did have 2 other people with us that were tired when they got there. I KNEW we should of went in September, but have had other stuff to do around the house.

Oh well, better luck next year i guess....
Live life like it's the last day!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 05:01:24 PM »
It is a case of "what is your time worth"  - yeah the Fright Lane passes can be expensive, but when you put a value on your time, they really aren't that much.  Like you said, you can either wait all night and get into 2 of the mazes OR you can get into ALL of the mazes in the same amount of time and go home early.

I know what I would choose, but I am an annual passholder to WOF so by this time in the season I am not that concerned about hitting all the rides when I visit
SWOOSH

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
Thanks Swoosh. Your post does make me feel better. Call me a softie, but the Fright Lane passes would of been great. We never even thought about buying some. The wife & i would of felt weird cutting in front of everyone, but it is something that they offer for people that can afford it. We could of afforded it, but the people that went with us, could not. That was problem #2, they were tired for all the wrong reasons & they didnt think about the next day. Even though we have been planning this for a while now. Misery loves company, & these folks have a black cloud over them, a lot of times....

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »
Im not much on the scary stuff. Actually we have a haunted theme park right here about 15-20 minutes from home.  (CREEPY WORLD). It is supposed to be a very scary and very popular attraction. I have never been there. Never plan to either.  The popular Lemp Mansion haunted attraction is very close also.  Never been there.

For those who like the scarefest stuff. I hear WOF is the best. If I didnt have passes, I would have made the same choice How-Do made.

I understand Swoosh though. It does make long lines for special attractions reasonable, if you have passes.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:28:26 AM »
I have seen the lines for Asylum and London Terror at 3 hours long each.  There is no way I would wait that long to go through them when I can spend $35 to cut the line and go through all of the mazes and still get home at a decent time.
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:17:09 AM »
Well I dont pretend to know how the "go to the front" passes work at WOF, however I do know how they work at SFSL.
basically (after you purchase the tickets), you go to the attraction and sign in. Then you will get a time to go on the ride. (In other words you make an appointment).
EXAMPLE--lets say it is 2:00. You want to ride XYZ ride. You go to the XYZ ride. register your ticket. Now lets assume that the posted wait time for XYZ ride is 2 hours. Your pass (or ticket) will tell you that you can ride XYZ ride at 4:00.

Those little passes dont save you one minute at SFSL. They do "however" allow you to do other things during that (in this example-2 hour) wait, as opposed to just standing in line.
Are they worth the price? I think if you have kids-or-are just impatient, then YES they are worth it. If you just want to jump lines and get in and out of the park quick, then NO, because you will still wait the same amount of time to ride the rides.

Again, this is how they work at SFSL.. I dont know if WOF is the same.
Tim

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »
while we were waiting to ride the Patriot, 30-45 minute wait. the folks with the passes would walk on the other side not being used, right up to the building.

even though if we would of bought the passes, it still would of not felt right to us to cut in front of the person right there at the building. i would of been waiting for something to hit me in the head..  :D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 05:56:03 AM »
As with any Cedar Fair park, the armbands for Fast Lane are for immediate boarding.  There is no waiting (or if there is, very minimal) and you can use it as many times as you want.

For Fright Lane, you get one Front of the Line access to each of the major haunts with minimal to no wait.  Your lanyard is punched after visiting each of the major haunts.
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
^^^^^^^

Yea that would likely be worth the price.
As I was saying, at SFSL you buy/(rent) a little electronic gizmo. Then you take that to the sign/electric box at the ride entrance and follow instructions. In turn your little gizmo will display a "time" you can ride.  IF the ride operators are doing their job right, you can not get on the ride until your little gizmo displays the current time.

In other words, think of it like this. You walk up to the ride que line. You place the little gizmo in the line. In turn the gizmo walks the entire que line. When the gizmo gets to the loading platform-you pick it up, then stand in its place.  So really, at SFSL-the "thrill pass" is a waste of money (unless you have a few anxious kids maybe). But it sounds like it might be a great deal at WOF

OH --How-Do-- you still walk thru the exit line to enter the ride at SFSL with the pass. So to the uninformed, it would appear that they just jump in line, when in reality, they had to wait also, just they didnt have to "WAIT" in the que line, they could go eat or whatever while "waiting".
Tim

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 09:11:11 AM »
This has kind of veered off topic, so I will continue that  ;D I like the way Disney has now tuned their fast pass system where you can actually schedule your ride times before you leave home. It is already imbedded in the armband you get. I am not sure how this works for people staying off property. I need to call my cousin who works for them in the ticket area and ask that question.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 12:30:39 PM »
The new system for Disney uses the actual admission card.  Just scan the card and you can set up or alter your schedule for the day.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
This has kind of veered off topic, so I will continue that  ;D I like the way Disney has now tuned their fast pass system where you can actually schedule your ride times before you leave home. It is already imbedded in the armband you get. I am not sure how this works for people staying off property. I need to call my cousin who works for them in the ticket area and ask that question.

It actually sucks tbqh.  If you knew how to use the old FP system this really screws everything up.  It also prevents spontaneity.  Honestly, I have nothing good to say about.  Why they didn't use the money they wasted on this system for a new ride instead just boggles my mind.   
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
The new system wasn't in place when we were there, this summer, but we were able to scan our cards at the entry to EPCOT.  It was a great way to enter and seemed to expedite things (though some had to figure out the simplicity).  The entry card was also used to save and load the car design on the Test Track, but that wasn't quite ready for use yet either.  If I'm not mistaken, a credit card can also be linked to the entry card, so that card is the only thing someone would have to carry to make purchases, as well.

I have to admit, Swoosh, I agree with the spontaneity issue.  I don't want to have to plan my entire route through a park and then be tied to that schedule.  I would rather discover my way through the park.  With the FP system, it often felt like we were strategizing to beat the system, and it was kind of fun.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating