Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 13241 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
We need to stop calling them entitlements.

en·ti·tle·ment
 noun \-ˈtī-təl-mənt\ 

: the condition of having a right to have, do, or get something

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

: a type of financial help provided by the government for members of a particular group

The media elites need to get out of Washington, New York, and Cali. People talk openly about spitting up this country, business owners worth millions. Heard one today rail on and on about Obama. The divide between the flyover and the coasts are growing. The more the media call us wacko birds, terrorists and such the more pee'd we get, the more rounds of 223/nato we buy.

Mark Pryor can kiss his but goodbye, this state tossed out an Obamacare voter even when she was just named chair of the Senate Agri committee:

Arkansans Blame Obama and Senate Dems for Shutdown, and Other Good News for Tom Cotton

By Patrick Brennan

October 14, 2013 10:31 AM

Just 34 percent of Arkansas voters approve of President Obama — and the same share approves of the job Mark Pryor is doing, according to a new poll. The survey, by Talk Business and Hendrix College, finds one especially interesting result: In Arkansas, Democrats are getting the blame for the government shutdown and the current budget crisis, the reverse of what’s been found in the rest of the country. Forty percent of respondents said they fault President Obama and Democrats, while 35 percent blame congressional Republicans and 24 percent say they’re equally guilty. (Nationally, Republicans are getting more blame than Democrats for the shutdown, but only marginally.)

And Tom Cotton, the Arkansas congressman who’s challenging Democratic senator Mark Pryor next year, already has a tight race: 42 percent of voters said they support Pryor, while 41 percent favor Cotton. Forty-two percent of the vote is, needless to say, not a good place for an incumbent. Pryor’s campaign has tried to tie Cotton to Republican stubbornness and the current government shutdown; the congressman’s been cagey on whether he supports the effort. Sixty-two percent of Arkansas voters disapprove of the job President Obama’s doing and just 34 percent approve; 34 percent approve of Pryor and 48 percent disapprove.

This is the state that gave you Clinton, it's now turning hardcore conservative. Soon, the last national Dem (Pryor) will be out, and the last bastions of state government(Gov and AG) will be Republican controlled in the fall of 2014. The moderate Dems never took a stand for their state's values against the Cali and Yankee Dems and they are nearly wiped out due to it.  Blue Dogs got put down when they disobeyed master and kept running off with the @#%&^ in heat down the street.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 09:59:57 PM »
And Joy, I find happiness in a Dandelion Patch :)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
I'm just not gonna comment anymore on this thread because as I've noticed for a couple years now, I seem to be just about the only liberal Obama-supportive (voted for him both times and would do so again) Democrat on the forum (or at least, the only one who ever speaks up at points), and right now my mood is not in a good place because of my lack of medication (I cried in the makeup aisle at Walmart today for absolutely 100% no reason; all I was doing was following my sister around while she shopped), and getting into political arguments just raises my blood pressure to a degree that makes me lightheaded.

Being a liberal Democratic pansexual agnostic woman, I sometimes feel very disconnected from the majority of our users here because I am so far from the typical audience for SDC. I try my best to stick to just reading SDC-related topics and try to keep away from any of the non-SDC posts, but sometimes I get curious and curiosity is just not a good thing for my health.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:13 PM »
I'm just not gonna comment anymore on this thread because as I've noticed for a couple years now, I seem to be just about the only liberal Obama-supportive (voted for him both times and would do so again) Democrat on the forum (or at least, the only one who ever speaks up at points), and right now my mood is not in a good place because of my lack of medication (I cried in the makeup aisle at Walmart today for absolutely 100% no reason; all I was doing was following my sister around while she shopped), and getting into political arguments just raises my blood pressure to a degree that makes me lightheaded.

Being a liberal Democratic pansexual agnostic woman, I sometimes feel very disconnected from the majority of our users here because I am so far from the typical audience for SDC. I try my best to stick to just reading SDC-related topics and try to keep away from any of the non-SDC posts, but sometimes I get curious and curiosity is just not a good thing for my health.

If it makes you feel better, my son is a high functioning Autistic and I can understand some of the things you go through if you have diagnosed yourself correctly.

As for anger management, I attend therapy here

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 12:13:41 AM »
...what is that?

I do think I've self-diagnosed properly; I've taken all the available tests that can be found online, watched tons of videos of diagnosed adults talking about what it's like to have Asperger's, and will be calling tomorrow a place I was referred to for a free assessment. I don't know if there's much one can do for someone my age if I get diagnosed, but for me, just finally learning what it is that is so different about me that I've struggled with all my life would be such a huge weight off my mind.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 12:08:04 AM »
Joy, I think you will be surprised of the treatments available.  My 3rd cousins has Aspegers. He is younger than you (If I remember right-I think you mentioned your age in a post somewhere). Anyway he is in his early 20s. He still has episodes at times, but a new med has helped him lots. Please dont ask what med he is on, I havent a clue. I just know it has helped him.

I think with the right DR. the right meds, and the right therapy. You can control it well. And a terrific amount of PRAYER, "you are healed" (please repeat that in your best TV evangelists voice).  Seriously though, prayer (I truly believe) does help.  And I will be saying some for you.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream