Poll

How would you like to see the Geyser Gulch area re-themed?

Rube Dugan's Magic of Flight
15 (25.4%)
Fire Station
6 (10.2%)
Fireworks Factory
24 (40.7%)
Other
6 (10.2%)
Leave it alone
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: SDC's 2014 Projects and Changes  (Read 103622 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2014 Projects and Changes
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
Changes at Grandfathers Mansion? Back in my day there was a 2 way mirror down in the playroom. I would get in the hidden spot behind the wall and shine a flashlight on my face. It was hilarious watching people jump out of their skin and scream! I cleared the crowded room more than once when I unlatched the hidden door and stepped through it! The PTB could have put an adult diaper concession at the exit and made a fortune! Those were the days, my friends... ;D
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

HeyWheatBread

• Ozarkian Daredevil
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:12 PM »
 ;D YAY! I'm glad to see that the Ghost Trap is working better now!  The last couple of times my wife and I have brought some friends to the park, I'd always make it a point to swing by there and hype it up as one of my favorite little pieces of the City.  But it didn't work either time.  :(
Official Member of the Society of Ozarkian Daredevilry

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
So long as HFE leaves what is right, right...

they can restore those previously mentioned wrongs (i.e.  drowning scene, inside big tunnel, falling outhouse), make sure the scary false water soaking is in good order, add whatever goodness they'd like, and I'd be a happy camper.

photos culled from Google images w/apologies to the respective owners,  I unfortunately have none of my own at this time available to me

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
So what's the deal with the little structures popping up near major attractions? See the last photo on Swoosh's latest set here: http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2014/09.06/

The first thing that jumps to my mind is lockers. At most Six Flags properties, they don't allow you to carry items into the stations and keep them in cubbies while riding. Instead they force you to pay $1 for a locker, for EVERY ride. Those parks say it really speeds up the efficiency of the rides, and I'm sure it does, but there's a debate to be had over efficiency vs. customer service here, especially if they gouge on the locker prices. If they really cared about guest "efficiency" they would have made them free or very cheap, and locate them centrally so each guest group could use one all day.

Who knows though, there's fairly high likelyhood that these structures aren't for lockers. Could be hand sanitizer stations, or any number of things. The park likes to have little corporate tie-ins with various products.

Any ideas?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2014, 09:48:55 PM »
Well, here's hoping they aren't sticking a bunch of vending machines everywhere!  They look to be about the right size for that, though ( :-[ )That doesn't appear to fit a locker system, but maybe it is.  Do any of the other HFE facilities have anything like these yet? 
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »
vending machines would take power/electricity, I don't see outlets in pictures...

I will be at the city next sunday, will take more pics and look around,,

(I wondered if they were something to do with fall festival?).  another week will tell..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
They look smaller than the usual Fall booths for crafts, but hopefully that's what they turn out to be.

Vending does seems like a likely option. Unfortunate that they seem to be so prominent if that is the case, definitely would be a another big step away from the Miss Mary ideals.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2014, 11:41:29 PM »
I'll have photos of the finished product next weekend in my weekly update.
Yes, I already know what they are for but since it is not common knowledge yet I have to sit on that info for now.  
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
After looking at picture of "building" and structure around it, I am pretty sure it will NOT be a fall festival booth....

I am going with Locker system of some kind..  the building isn't very big, so couldn't hold very many units,  BUT if they are scattered out all over the park....  maybe.......................... ::)

Hollwood

« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2014, 03:46:14 PM »
My guess is information... An LED type board that tells you ride wait times and operation status of things around park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
Penalty booths for people who annoy History Buff with their stinkin' basketballs!!!
:o
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »
Just being funny here...they are going to house SDC's version of fast pass kiosks.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
YEP!!   NEW locker system,  saw them this weekend..

will post pics later..

3.00 per day, there are 9 "stations" park wide....  you pay your 3 buck, get a "psss code" then code is good all day at ALL locations... sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.., you can swtich lockers all over the park all day long.....

Lets see..locations.
main gate,
Hopitality house,
HH, near restrooms
TNT
OR
AP
Giant Swing
PK
Lost River

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
Sounds good!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2014, 12:50:08 PM »
That doesn't sound too bad.  At the moment we're at a point where we personally don't need the lockers.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"