Poll

How would you like to see the Geyser Gulch area re-themed?

Rube Dugan's Magic of Flight
15 (25.4%)
Fire Station
6 (10.2%)
Fireworks Factory
24 (40.7%)
Other
6 (10.2%)
Leave it alone
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: SDC's 2014 Projects and Changes  (Read 104652 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Park changes for 2014
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
2014 One-Day General Admission Rates for Silver Dollar City 
ADULT (ages 12 - 61) $63.41
CHILD (ages 4 - 11) $52.66
Children 3 & Under are Free

Plus 62.50 to get on the rides right away.  And the fact is these are not probably purchased singly but in cpls or family numbers.  That's a lot of money to get into SDC And get on the rides, $125 basically without the tax added from the trailblazer.   They need to throw in a refillable mug with that and also a piece of pizza or funnel cake per person.  Maybe a tater twister.  I know Disney is now $99 per adult before tax.  Its almost out of reach.  Its getting to where a family cant afford this.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:49:48 PM by mhguy77 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2014, 08:51:01 PM »
Magic Kingdom is now $99.  Also FastPass+ is the newest version of the "cut system" -- while it is "free" to most people.  Those staying onsite have a few more "benefits" with the system proving that even the "best of systems" can be "bought"
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2014, 12:39:59 AM »
Yea I heard about Disney charging $99 also. (Didnt know about their fastpass deal). I think what is really ridiculous though is, Disney wants $93 for child admission.  IMO that is way too much for child admission.

Not that I would likely buy a trailblazer pass at SDC. How does it work at SDC?  At SFSL those passes you must "make an appointment" to ride the ride. The appointment will be the same timeframe as if you were actually standing in line. (Basically) picture it as if you went to the end of the line-placed your little pass there-and it waits in the line in your place. then you can ride the ride after your pass gets to the front.

Does the SDC version work basically the same way?   Just wondering, thats all.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2014, 01:29:56 AM »
The SDC and Cedar Fair version is basically immediate gratification.  You go in a seperate queue entrance and right to the front of the line.  No "virtual queue" - immediate boarding.  With Cedar Fair it is unlimited.  With SDC, the top tier is unlimited.

FWIW, Universal has the two tiers as well with immediate gratification.
SWOOSH

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2014, 06:46:45 AM »
I loved Universal's system, probably because we stayed on site so we had unlimited line bypass and didn't wait more than 5 minutes for a ride the whole time we were there. The longest waits were in Wizarding World for Olivander's "show."

Not a fan of the new Disney system and don't know if we'll be going back due to it. I loved the old Fastpass and am not excited about the changes.

Also not excited about the new Trail Blazer, however if we go to SDC, we buy season passes and we can do as someone here pointed out... line too long? leave and come back tomorrow. We're always at the park at opening, knock out the big rides in the first hour and then relax and do smaller rides and shows. Trail Blazer doesn't usually bother us.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »
Magic Kingdom is now $99.  Also FastPass+ is the newest version of the "cut system" -- while it is "free" to most people.  Those staying onsite have a few more "benefits" with the system proving that even the "best of systems" can be "bought"

I really liked the old fastpass system, but have yet to try the new plus. Seems to me it rewards you for staying on site being able to reserve your times ahead of the general public. Still better than paying extra though.

As for Disney's 1 day admission price. I just wonder how many people actually pay that ? As you move up in days 4-5-6 day passes the price per day drops dramatically. Last time we went 2 years ago you could actually buy a 6 day pass for less than a 5 day at some official ticket outlets. Not to be confused with the used ticket resellers who set up shop.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »
Also, to add to my post above. I have never been to SDC when I felt it was necessary to pay extra for front of the line access. Maybe in the busy summer, but we usually avoid this time of year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
trailblazer pass doesn't bother us either way....  busy? we can come back later in the day, OR next trip.. I am lucky enough I make multiple trips... :).

Sometimes I do consider the show lovers pass,  But 10 bucks is quite a hit just for front row seating..... ::)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2014, 02:04:23 PM »
I cant believe the only one to really answer my question was Swoosh.  Thank You very much Mr Swoosh. I appreciate that.

I never really looked into either the ride or show pass. I just assumed that it was the "virtual wait" like SFSL. It does sound like a much better deal now after learning more about it. Now if the price was more in my range-I might would consider it.
---Kathy would never get on a ride (besides the train). So I have made many many trips to SDC and never rode a ride. (I just cant let her wait all that time for me to ride). We really like the shows, so we generally go to SDC for the shows. But WOW!! Isnt OR a great ride?

(Again thank you Swoosh--and I apologize for anything that may have happened in our past)
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
I loved Universal's system, probably because we stayed on site so we had unlimited line bypass and didn't wait more than 5 minutes for a ride the whole time we were there. The longest waits were in Wizarding World for Olivander's "show."

Not a fan of the new Disney system and don't know if we'll be going back due to it. I loved the old Fastpass and am not excited about the changes.

Also not excited about the new Trail Blazer, however if we go to SDC, we buy season passes and we can do as someone here pointed out... line too long? leave and come back tomorrow. We're always at the park at opening, knock out the big rides in the first hour and then relax and do smaller rides and shows. Trail Blazer doesn't usually bother us.

Yep, as with Disney, you stay on site and you get perks for those room prices. It's kind of a shame that Busch Gardens is in Tampa, if it was Sea World's neighbor they could do the whole resort thing as well.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »
I saw this today on Steve Thompson FB page today..  bittersweet gallery....

""""""Dear Friends,
 After much prayer and searching for God’s direction, Jack and I have made the difficult decision to close our Bittersweet Gallery that was inside Silver Dollar City. We have made so many wonderful friends and experienced so many “divine appointments” that we know it will be a chapter in our lives that is missed greatly. There have been many confirmations that we are making the right decision. But, there are a couple of reasons why we would even consider such a move at this time. One, I am facing hip surgery on March 31. I guess I have always moved at too fast a pace and just wore that thing out! The second reason is that caring for my 88 year old father is taking more and more attention. Since he lives next door to us and right by our workplace, I need to be free to care for him as much as possible.

As Jack and I prayed, we have asked God to show us the direction for how to use these gifts that He has given us. We would ask that you would join us in that prayer. We will continue with this ministry and are excited to unveil Jack’s latest painting, CELEBRATE FREEDOM, very soon. We plan to open a small retail outlet at our office/warehouse in Webb City. Watch for sale dates and specials!!

You can contact us at 417-673-4871 or info@bittersweetgallery.com. We would love to hear from you.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2014, 08:45:35 AM »
Just can't wait to try the new funnel cake a week from today. Outlaw Run. Cholocate, Carmel & peanut butter, with sea salt.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
Just can't wait to try the new funnel cake a week from today. Outlaw Run. Cholocate, Carmel & peanut butter, with sea salt.

OMG that sounds so amazing!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
Couldn't get a pic to post here so I put it on the Sdc Facebook page.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:56 PM »

Are they calling it a Cow Patty?  That's what the description sounds like.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating