Author Topic: What is the "best" food deal in SDC  (Read 11083 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
What is the "best" food deal in SDC
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:56:57 PM »
Well? we have been hitting this on another thread, so I thought I would start this one up.
What do you think is the best value for food in SDC... whether it be a meal, sandwhich,  turkey legs, skillets, buffet, snacks,  Whatever.. 

What do you think?

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: What is the "best" food deal in SDC
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »
The best deal at SDC is the season pass discounts and refillable mugs.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »
I think the best food deal is the Apple Turnover with Cinnamon Ice cream.  its a great deal for 4.99. 
I also think the .50 baked goods in the old mill are a nice touch as well.

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
The bbq sandwich at the rib house. Every time I eat that for lunch I'm not hungry the rest of the day!

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
Mollie's Breakfast.  All you can eat of good, honest food, with a great selection and friendly service.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13:51 AM »
Hot wassail in your refillable mug while watching the Christmas parade with your young daughters is priceless!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 09:17:47 AM »
oh man, here it is almost the 4th of July, but that Wassail sure does sound good!  :D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »
I don't know about best cause there are so many good ones. I had tater soup in a bread cowl at Christmas and it was awesome.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:45:53 AM »
Let me try this, as we know there is no "1" great deal....

As super said the SP discounts and mugs are great.....

But..Here is my all day list- (exceptions would be for festival specialties)

Mollies breakfast----
Lunch- rib sanich @ rib house OR the Philly Sanich ( Love Both of 'em)
Supper?- See lunch ;D
Dessert or snack anytime--  Apple dumpling.!!
Really like the Funnel Cakes (but they are getting pricey!)  I haven't had since 2011

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
The mill or the mine because they are buffets and there's no excuse to leave hungry. I would be willing to pay more for the buffet if they would put some of the other food items from the park on it. Maybe some skillet dishes or some ribs from the rib shack. What would you say to a $30 all you could eat in the park that day pass? I'd get it every time.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »
Mollie's Breakfast.  All you can eat of good, honest food, with a great selection and friendly service.

This.  9.29 i believe is the price.  It's all you can eat.  Nice place.  Great food.  I also will chime in that the mine restaurant is good.  Again, all you can eat and a cool place to go on a hot day.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
Since I cannot stand a buffet of any shape, type , or form I think the rib house serves up the best quality for the price on site. I would have used to said the skillets, but smaller portions and higher prices have kept me from purchasing them my last few trips.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
What would you say to a $30 all you could eat in the park that day pass? I'd get it every time.
I agree to a plan like this.  If you could get a tasters pass for $30.  Meaning you would receive smaller portions with your pass but be able to try whatever you would like.   Like a " Taste of Silver Dollar City" pass

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »
If they really gave you a taste of everything I would probably go $40 on it.  I would say you would have to buy the pass with your ticket and everyone in your party would need to do it or none could.  This is a Disney tactic.  Let me try any item that is not like a sandwich.  Possibly 1 thing from each restaurant with the acception of the buffets.  ( maybe allow 1 buffet like breakfast one so you fill up and go light the rest of the day.) They could cut the potato twists into 3rds but only allow 1 or 2 desserts per person, kind of a punch card idea.  The plan would include a drink cup that you could refill with everything but the slushes.  Does this sound like something that would be possible?

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
The best food deal in SDC is the sandwiches you make at the motel and bring with you. ;)