Author Topic: Outlaw Run. . .  (Read 11296 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: Outlaw Run. . .
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
I'm a bit confused about the "no cubbies" complaints.  When I got on the ride, I took my iPhone out of my pocket and handed it to the attendant, who then placed it in a cubicle on the exit side of the load station.  I wish I had given him my glasses as well.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Bigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
The lockers weren't required today.  We simply left our backpacks, hats, umbrellas, packages, etc. on the boxes and barrels on the exit side of the platform.  The park was virtually empty with a wait time of 10 minutes or so.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 08:31:08 AM »
My issue with OTSRs is that I have a large chest

And I thought that was just your avatar.  ;D

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
its may only be $1 for a locker but for me its a matter of principle. after paying for passes, food, parking and gas to get there and back i don't want to spend another dime to just get on a ride with no cubbies.  i was also given a free "re-ride" coupon at guest relations, that was good for anything except for marvel cave, for screwing up my season pass order 3 times. when i got on outlaw i handed my re ride coupon and the attendant told me i couldn't use it on that because "this ride is too new" even thought the outlaw run logo was CLEARLY printed on it.   needless to say it i didn't have a great experience with outlaw run. 

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:08 AM »
Outlaw Run is perfectly safe for any size of rider who the operators allow onto the ride. You may have FELT like you were going to fall out at one point, but this is on purpose all part of the free and open design of the ride carriage. I can assure you that RMC and SDC have done extensive testing and have ludicrously strict safety standards. Shoulder harnesses in this case would be nothing more than safety theatre and in some cases can actually end up being even less safe. A number of people have fallen out of rides with shoulder restraints - they are certainly not a solution in the way that the general public thinks they are.
 AMEN!  I'm 5'9 and 235, I felt safe, it's the air time that makes you feel like you are going to fall out.
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »
We were told that all the new rides starting with outlaw run will have the lockers and no cubbys.  All the rides that currently have cubbys will be keeping them.
  Lost River Doesn't either  :-[

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 01:19:47 AM »
  AMEN!  I'm 5'9 and 235, I felt safe, it's the air time that makes you feel like you are going to fall out.
[/quote]

I hate to think how my 5'4", 115 lb body is gonna feel!!!
But I still can't wait to ride it!!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 09:01:26 PM »
We were told that all the new rides starting with outlaw run will have the lockers and no cubbys.  All the rides that currently have cubbys will be keeping them.

Lost River hasn't had cubbies for about 5 years now
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »

They want you to purchase a plastic bag to keep your stuff in. Different version of a locker
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:27:14 AM by Joy »

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:52 AM »

I know that