Author Topic: End of 2012 Season  (Read 6626 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
End of 2012 Season
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:02 AM »
Here we are folks. Last two days of the season at SDC. I hope those of you with the ability to get to the park will take advantage of the deep discounts many shops will offer. The park will go silent for two and a half months, and then on March 15, we all can look forward to the new season and the debut of OUTLAW RUN! Thanks to the PTB at SDC for another great year. I'm happy to be a season pass holder. It was nice to visit five times this year, I just wish it could have been ten times! I really enjoyed watching the new coaster come along. It seemed so much progress was made from visit to visit. Anyone else have any final thoughts or ideas? :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: End of 2012 Season
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:15:29 AM »
We didn't go to SDC this year but I purchased our 2013 season passes a few days ago, so I'm excited to see the changes and just be in the City again. I miss that place

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »
i bet i dont ever go on a Sat. again, unless i get there early & leave early. :D
Live life like it's the last day!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »
Here we are folks. Last two days of the season at SDC. I hope those of you with the ability to get to the park will take advantage of the deep discounts many shops will offer. The park will go silent for two and a half months, and then on March 15, we all can look forward to the new season and the debut of OUTLAW RUN! Thanks to the PTB at SDC for another great year. I'm happy to be a season pass holder. It was nice to visit five times this year, I just wish it could have been ten times! I really enjoyed watching the new coaster come along. It seemed so much progress was made from visit to visit. Anyone else have any final thoughts or ideas? :)

It really is amazing how it's nearly a year round, open to the public, operation. 2 1/2 months is really not much down time.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »
It really is amazing how it's nearly a year round, open to the public, operation. 2 1/2 months is really not much down time.

AND they really do need those 2.5 months to get the park back in shape.  It takes about that long to take all of the lights and Christmas decor down.  The maintenance team also has quite the chore getting the rides rehabbed.  They tear each coaster train completely down each winter and they do that to quite a few of the rides as well.  Luckily, they are able to get a head start on some rides (water and at least one train per coaster) so that helps.

Some big changes in store for next season out and about around the park.  Wish I could list them all for you, but not all of them have been confirmed/released to the public yet.  Several eateries will be switching menus.  There are at least a couple of shops that are trading spaces.  Some more ADA upgrades here and there (hopefully they can go "unnoticed" for the most part). 

We'll see you in March!
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:28:19 AM »

AND they really do need those 2.5 months to get the park back in shape.  It takes about that long to take all of the lights and Christmas decor down.  The maintenance team also has quite the chore getting the rides rehabbed.  They tear each coaster train completely down each winter and they do that to quite a few of the rides as well.  Luckily, they are able to get a head start on some rides (water and at least one train per coaster) so that helps.

Some big changes in store for next season out and about around the park.  Wish I could list them all for you, but not all of them have been confirmed/released to the public yet.  Several eateries will be switching menus.  There are at least a couple of shops that are trading spaces.  Some more ADA upgrades here and there (hopefully they can go "unnoticed" for the most part). 

We'll see you in March!

It sucks when you go to a destination park like DisneyWorld and a popular ride is down for rehab knowing it isn't going to be back up and running before your trip is over.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »
Hope springs eternal, I guess...any news about our old favorite, the treehouse? I still would love to see an overall rehab and a reopening. Perhaps I'm too romantic about this. If they don't reopen it, I see it standing in place, carefully preserved, until Jack and Pete join their mom at Evergreen.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »
Hope springs eternal, I guess...any news about our old favorite, the treehouse? I still would love to see an overall rehab and a reopening. Perhaps I'm too romantic about this. If they don't reopen it, I see it standing in place, carefully preserved, until Jack and Pete join their mom at Evergreen.

I'm with you, Junior!!  If it's not rehabbed, please preserve it and leave it alone! 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
Just bought our season pases today. Would still love to see the mean murphyy show back at the saloon. Happy new year everyone!8
I'm Your Huckleberry

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 02:10:35 AM »
Where has the time gone!?! I remember this time last year counting down days to the '12 season! Now I'm already counting down to Opening Day 2013!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:11:44 AM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
Got my passes for my birthday. Already Planning several Thursday thru Sunday trips. :D I can' wait!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »
See ya in mid-March, SDC! Thanks for a fun 2012. ;D

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
we only went 3 (times) in '12 But a total of 7 days to SDC (several days same weekends)
We did buy our '13 passes Saturday (12/29/12).  We sure do hope to see the City for every festival in '13.
-----We may not see SDC much in '14. We should be getting our first Grandchild in mid to late '13. In '14 we will likely use our camper lots to visit the Grandchild. There is a campground just a few miles from the kids house.  But in '13 we plan to visit SDC lots (Branson in general really).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
I dont think that we will be going to SDC this year. The kiddo is joining scouts this year along with the need to get the general maintenence done on my car (Belts, Tires, Brakes....) that gets pricey. It will be a good year though and I hope OR is everything we dream it to be and then some!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 06:05:44 AM »
dont feel bad Trams, we aint getting passes this year. the only time we are going is when my brother can use his BAF tickets.
Live life like it's the last day!