Author Topic: Worlds of Fun Fright Night  (Read 5777 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Worlds of Fun Fright Night
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »
We went to WoF just last night for their Halloween Fright Night thing. It was FUN! They have 6-7 haunts that you walk thru, one is out in the woods. :o I made a short slideshow of our fun, i would'a had more pics but they will not let ya yake pics while walking cuz it would slow things down. Plus ya might drop ya'r electonic device. :D I aint laughed so much in a long time. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJcpZeWWowE&feature=plcp
Live life like it's the last day!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds of Fun Fright Night
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »
We planned on doing this but the storms yesterday shoo'd us back to Arkansas a little early along with my wife's reservations that the nightime is a bit much for our children at this point so the day visit was a wash.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:46:05 PM »
i hear ya! it rained ALL DAY yesterday! they say most of the haunted stuff is for people 13 & over, but ya can go to camp snoopy with the little ones.
sorry to hear ya'r day was a wash.. :(

Casper1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
Awesome video! I do have a couple corrections for ya tho,

-The event is called Halloween Haunt
-There is 10 haunted attractions; 7 mazes, 3 scare zones

Did you get a chance to go through Zombie High?

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
yeah, ya did catch me on some things. :D it was only my 2nd time, in 5-6 years, going to this deal. have you gone thru any of these?

No, didnt get to go thru Zombie High. We did Fright Zone - Doll Factory - Corn Stalkers - Asylum Island - London Terror - CarnEvil, & Lore of the Vampire. I liked Corn Stalkers best cause it was out in the woods.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »
If you go to HAUNT and do not buy a Fright Lane Pass (and especially if it is a Saturday) - I don't feel sorry for you one bit for having to wait in long lines.
SWOOSH

Casper1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
yeah, ya did catch me on some things. :D it was only my 2nd time, in 5-6 years, going to this deal. have you gone thru any of these?

No, didnt get to go thru Zombie High. We did Fright Zone - Doll Factory - Corn Stalkers - Asylum Island - London Terror - CarnEvil, & Lore of the Vampire. I liked Corn Stalkers best cause it was out in the woods.

Yup I have been through them all. It's a family tradition to go every year during the fall season since I was born. My top favorites are a tie, Asylum Island and Cornstalkers with Zombie High as a close second. I like Cornstalkers because the actors blend in with the corn so you have no idea where they could be hiding. Asylum Island ties with it because of the creepy/gore factor it has.

Did you catch the Overlords Awakening ceremony?

If you go to HAUNT and do not buy a Fright Lane Pass (and especially if it is a Saturday) - I don't feel sorry for you one bit for having to wait in long lines.

Swoosh is right If you're planning on coming to Haunt it is wise to buy a Fright Lane Pass. On Saturdays lines can run 1 to 2 plus hour wait.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:01:31 PM by Casper1 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
The way I see it, how much is your time worth?  Personally I'd prefer to go enjoy all of the mazes and then get out of there and maybe even to bed at a decent time.  If you want to spend your evening waiting in lines (which honestly tires me out faster than anything) and not get home until way after midnight and NOT see all of the Haunts... well then who am I to say anything.

From here on out, Saturdays will be nuts at Worlds of Fun once the "WITCHING HOUR" starts.
Just warning you.  Also if you DO come and it is after 4pm, go park in the Oceans of Fun parking lot instead.  A lot easier in and out traffic.  Trust me.
SWOOSH

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
nope, didnt catch the Overlords Awakeing ceremony, we was riding the patriot at the time. we did catch part of the parade tho'. we prob'ly wont go back till next year, once is good enough for us.

Casper1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
From here on out, Saturdays will be nuts at Worlds of Fun once the "WITCHING HOUR" starts.
Just warning you.  Also if you DO come and it is after 4pm, go park in the Oceans of Fun parking lot instead.  A lot easier in and out traffic.  Trust me.

For the past few years Saturdays have always been a mad house. Haunt really started to boom when Overlord arrived.

For you die hard fans of spooky stuff I have the ultimate weekend Halloween experience for the KC area. Friday night go to WoF for Haunt, less crowded on Friday. On Saturday morning/afternoon go sight see KC and come by night hit up the Beast and Edge of Hell. I did this a couple of weeks ago, even tho by Sunday I was walking like a penguin it was well worth it.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
a guy i work with runs the macabe cinema. ;)