Author Topic: Special Places  (Read 3706 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Special Places
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »
For most of us here, SDC is a very special place.  It just has that unique "spirit" or "vibe".  It is a place where we  always feel rejuvenated after visiting.  I was wondering where are some of your other favorite "special places" where you can feel that same (or similar) spirit.  For me those places are Nauvoo, Il and the Black Hills of South Dakota.  What are some of your special places?

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Special Places
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
North-central Arkansas, far in the backwoods.

New Hampshire, north of the Notches.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
Noel Missouri, or walk in my own backyard woods. but, my favorite special place is any dirt race track.
Live life like it's the last day!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Tetons.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »
Branson in general usually does it for me. Aside from that, I love woods and water (hence the attraction to Stone county I suspect). Lake of the Ozarks State Park (a far cry from the lake area that most think of), Pomme De Terre Lake area, Lake Ouachita near Hot Springs, AR, Current River, and the Meramec River Valley are some of my favorites. Funny all those are within 3 hours or less from home.  ;D
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
Nothing around here unfortunately...mostly outdoor areas, Table Rock, Homestead Trail, Anything Branson really.

Breckenridge Colorado also does it for me, I just got back from my yearly trip there, and despite the hikes, and outdoor activities, I was super relaxed, and at ease...not quite SDC levels of relaxation, but getting there.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
Near home I like trips to War Eagle Mill, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, and visits to three area second hand book stores where I can look for out of print gems at cheap prices...nothing like a good deal.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
Nothing around here unfortunately...mostly outdoor areas, Table Rock, Homestead Trail, Anything Branson really.

Breckenridge Colorado also does it for me, I just got back from my yearly trip there, and despite the hikes, and outdoor activities, I was super relaxed, and at ease...not quite SDC levels of relaxation, but getting there.

Have you tried Powder Valley Ca, LaBarque Creek CA, Castlewood SP, Pelican Island or the confluence area (which I can't think of the name of right now)? Not Branson, I know, but might give you a little fix without such a long drive.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 08:40:24 AM »
Ferguson's Country Store & Restaurant in St. Joe, Arkansas.

We always stop there for a big breakfast on our way up to Branson from Little Rock.

It's one of my favorite places to have breakfast. The places holds a lot of memories for me as well.
You have a great past just ahead of you.