Author Topic: Red Roof Outlit Mall Status  (Read 19439 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Red Roof Outlit Mall Status
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
It was interesting as a kid coming from the St Louis suburbs in the mid 80's, a time when our shopping mall-mid rivers mall had just opened, food courts, arcades, and escalators were the place to hang out, Chesterfield mall and Riverroads, as well as Northwest Plaza, and the Galleria were all doing well, and everytime we would go to Branson, there would be no "shopping" scene. The outdoor setting/ outlet mall offered a change from what we were used to. It had stairs, shops, overlooks, two floors, and a variety of stores. I remember thinking our toy sore at home had way more legos, but I still found things that my parents spent money on that I cannot remember what they were (I remember a small Lego kit that made a car).

I have plenty of memories of this place, it will be missed for what it was, not what it is, and since I have a penchant for abandoned places...odds are I'll be taking some photos here in the new year!

underdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »
It was interesting as a kid coming from the St Louis suburbs in the mid 80's, a time when our shopping mall-mid rivers mall had just opened, food courts, arcades, and escalators were the place to hang out, Chesterfield mall and Riverroads, as well as Northwest Plaza, and the Galleria were all doing well, and everytime we would go to Branson, there would be no "shopping" scene. The outdoor setting/ outlet mall offered a change from what we were used to. It had stairs, shops, overlooks, two floors, and a variety of stores. I remember thinking our toy sore at home had way more legos, but I still found things that my parents spent money on that I cannot remember what they were (I remember a small Lego kit that made a car).

I have plenty of memories of this place, it will be missed for what it was, not what it is, and since I have a penchant for abandoned places...odds are I'll be taking some photos here in the new year!

Yeah I took a ton of photos when I was there last year and then more last weekend. I plan on tracking the changes to the place over the years. I'll try to post photos on here later. So, has anyone heard what they might or could do with this place? Anyone have any fun or creative ideas about what Branson could do with the area? I think it might be cool to turn some of the place into lofts or apartments and then lease out the rest to shops. They've done this to out of business strip malls in larger cities and it worked out pretty well. Not sure how feasible it would be in Branson. Something like a loft conversion would not be cheap. Maybe a hotel? Chances are they'll eventually bulldoze the place and build something a little more "modern" but hopefully that won't be for a long time.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
With Red Roof now out of business, I wonder if White Water can move their marquee to where the Red Roof marquee is now and then get rid of that "main entrance drive" that no one ever uses.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
With Red Roof now out of business, I wonder if White Water can move their marquee to where the Red Roof marquee is now and then get rid of that "main entrance drive" that no one ever uses.

Make room for one heck of an expansion and end my griping about Waterwater being blah.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
Case Cutlery moved to Branson Meadows. Some of the other Red Roof stores were supposed to move to the Meadows, too, including Corningware and Tuesday Morning.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »
I thought the Meadows was about to go under also. Kind of surprised to hear stores moving in there.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
I thought the Meadows was about to go under also. Kind of surprised to hear stores moving in there.

With Osage Beach, Branson doesn't get the full allotment of stores it seems. I went to the Opry Mills last month and that place has it covered for the most part. Plus there's a bit of redudancy that some have their regular outlets at the Landing. Meadows has the VF outlet and thats a start. The trend I've seen like opry mills and the legends out in KCK is that there are themed restaurants like t-rex or rainforest cafe or aquarium and Dave and Busters and such to help lure more folks there.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:12:13 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
Yes but I gurantee that those themed restaurants would rather open at the Landing as it is the "hot spot" right now, in Branson.  I agree that a Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex or Bubba Gump or basically anything by Landry's would be nice. 
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »
Bubba Gump would fit well.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »

With only 3 "mall" areas left, i would go out on a limb and guess that meadows is properly being more aggressive looking for tenants, and i am sure they are cheaper than the landing..

So red roof closing down may the shot in the arm the meadows needs. ??? ???

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »
SO Red Roof is ready for the rapture,  post apocalyptic, or zombie movie filming to begin (I think this when I see places that are devoid of people).

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »

They already have Joe's Crab Shack and White River Fish House.  How many seafood places do you need on the Landing... or did you mean at the Meadows?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

They already have Joe's Crab Shack and White River Fish House.  How many seafood places do you need on the Landing... or did you mean at the Meadows?

didn't  Macaroni close down. Was there ever a Hooters or the rip off Showme down there before it was Shorty Smalls( which is gone now).

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »
Macaroni Grill was at the Landing, but they closed a year or so ago.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »
I am just partial to Gumps. I like their look, feel. I think a microbrew weould work well.