Author Topic: Refillable Mug  (Read 5694 times)

chaney79

• View Profile
Refillable Mug
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
Trying this again.... What's the deal with the mugs?  $13 and they refill for how much?

Thanks!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Refillable Mug
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »
Are you kidding me??? $13???  How did I miss that one?  Anyway, to answer your question, the current refillable mugs are only good for this year.  If you have an older mug, they are also good for refills, but for how long is anyone's guess.  There is another thread about this on here somewhere.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
Are you kidding me??? $13???  How did I miss that one?  Anyway, to answer your question, the current refillable mugs are only good for this year.  If you have an older mug, they are also good for refills, but for how long is anyone's guess.  There is another thread about this on here somewhere.

Last time I was at the city, I asked about that and was told that was for the smaller mugs but the big ones still carried over to future seasons

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »
Thanks, Chitlins. I didn't know there were different sizes. I know that some are fat and some are tall.  What do the smaller ones look like?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
smaller ones are about 3 inches diameter at the base and stay skinny to the top..  about 8-10 inches tall, holds 16 ounces.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »
smaller ones are about 3 inches diameter at the base and stay skinny to the top..  about 8-10 inches tall, holds 16 ounces.

Those are the ones the lady said were this year only. The Fat ones would carry over.I didn't need any cause we got some that are about five years old that the wife hand washes to avoid fade out.

OutlawRun

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
I always bring along my old glass mug.  You just can't beat paying .75 for a refill.  I almost feel guilty when someone right in front of me pays nearly $4 for the same drink.  After filling the glass mug, I pour the frozen lemonade into a plastic mug for the kids, and then go right back for another refill for myself.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:56:21 AM by OutlawRun »
You have a great past ahead of you!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
  After filling the glass mug, I pour the frozen lemonade into a plastic mug for the kids, and then go right back for another refill for myself.

LOVE IT!  ;D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

OutlawRun

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
I used to try to be discrete when doing this (ie, step way out of view to make the transfer and wait a few minutes before going back for the second refill).  But anymore my thinking is, "Why bother!  They know I was just here anyhow."  So I just step off to the side, make the transfer, and get right back in line.  No server has said anything except..  "Wow!  That was quick!"   :)
You have a great past ahead of you!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »
THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!  I always get charged more the refill frozen drinks, and have to pay the refill price listed on the menu for regular refills.  I have a mug 4 yrs. old.  They like you better!  :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:59 PM »
well it does depend on the mug too..... I have a couple.(i forget which ones now), that say 75 cent refilss right on the side,,,, those they honor, my other mugs that dont have a price listed varies from telller to teller... but usually a buck gets it. ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
Mine are marked $1.25 on the side.  I pointed it out to the vendor last time it happened and was told that the refill price they honor is on the menu!  They still like you more!  :D