Author Topic: if u worked at silver dollar city  (Read 9805 times)

big doings

• View Profile
if u worked at silver dollar city
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »
Where would u all work if u choose to wrk at the city? myself, either fire n the hole, or b a robber on the train ride. i think it would b so cool to wrk there, but i liv n kansas city and tht would b a big change. i still think about doing it alot tho, lol

good fixins

• View Profile
Re: if u worked at silver dollar city
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
I would love to b a candle maker or work in one of the restaurants. I would love to b a waitress there and meet all those ppl that love city so I can here all the stories.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
I want to be a performer! Any job on the stage is good for me! Or maybe I could work in a craft shop and crochet, since I already make and sell blankets and scarves, etc... I might as well sit at SDC all day and do what I already do now!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
This might not seem quite so glamorous but I'd like to do maintenance.  Fix lights, work on the intercom/phones, etc. Walk around the park talking on the 2 way radio about what's broke down now. It's sort of what I do now so I think I could slide right in to it.  ;D
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »
I would like to be a street performer. Rile the guests. Tease the kids. Host the water balloon toss and the pie eatin contest.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »
I'd probably make a fair cave guide.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
train robber or cave guide.
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:03:23 PM »
If you mean with the knowledge that I have now, i would probably work with larson.  i think that would very interesting keeping things "moving"....

If you mean that I "learn" a craft,,  I think the knife maker or the blacksmith either one, or even leather craftsman...

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
Since most of my work experience has been in retail or food service, that's probably where I would be best suited.  But if you ask my 13 year old son where he would like to work at SDC, he'd probably say director of park operations (he has lots of ideas) or to drive the train.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:26:54 AM by Destination SDC »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
I would love to put my teacher skills to work during the Kids Fest!  I would also like to work at the turnstiles.  I have my greeting prepared, and I practice on my husband when we're in the car.  He thinks I'm pretty good.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
I am going to school to be an electrical engineer so i would like to be in ride development!
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
Park Emergency Medical Technician ( EMT) might as well stay with what I'm good at!!!
KANSAS CERTIFIED EMT, AND FRIEND TO THE PARK FOREVER

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »
I always liked working at Flooded Mine, American Plunge was OK, Grandfather's Mansion was OK, but I never got to be a robber/conductor at the train, and always thought that would be fun. I like the idea of working a greeting line at the Hospitality House, or working over at McHaffie's Homestead as a living history character. Working with Parson at the Wilderness Church also appeals to me. If I could make up my own dream job, it would include spending a little time each week at the places mentioned, but also producing written material for publication that could be sold in gift shops...like a history of the hewn log historical structures on the park, or picture books featuring lost rides and attractions like the stagecoach, rainmaker, float trip, diving bell, and so on. I'd even consider being an area manager for attractions, helping to manage several of the attractions. One thing is for certain, I'd have to spend at least part of each day dressed in costume and entertaining folks on park.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 02:39:14 PM »
My everyday outfits are usually inspired by SDC, but I try to make it not-so-obvious. Most of my outfits, I think you would have to know a lot about the City before you could pick up what some my outfit stands for.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »
To be a craftsman it would be in the furniture shop, otherwise Sheriff