Author Topic: Strange Ebay find  (Read 2668 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Strange Ebay find
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-Roger-Nanninis-Silver-Dollar-City-1000-Piece-Jigsaw-Tin-Box-/200696652496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eba73e2d0

I'm trying to figure out if this is even the same Silver Dollar City. Doesn't bear much resemblance.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Ebay find
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »
I do believe this WAS sold in the hospitality house and ozark marketplace. I've seen this item before. Yeah, you are right, not much resemblance. Many, many items were sold on park over the years, and currently, and sometimes you wonder why. However, if it sells, it sells, and someone makes money.  I want to say this is a 1980s or early 90s item. Cannot say for sure though.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:39 AM »
I'm trying to figure out if this is even the same Silver Dollar City. Doesn't bear much resemblance.

I saw that when I was looking for random things from SDC. I kinda thought the same thing.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
doesnt look the same, 

BUT there is a general store, hotel, building lined up like on the square..  RR in the background and the 1 building in the background "looks" like it says  "woo"..  short for woodcarvers...

Pretty close..