Author Topic: Anyone agree to the spiel over in the new season pass room?  (Read 8577 times)

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone agree to the spiel over in the new season pass room?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 11:32:58 PM »
Yeah, just to confirm...

It wasn't at the front gate. It was in that building over by the Flooded Mine where you get new passes and the ornament (which I'm still bummed I didn't get. We made 4 festivals...missed our fifth -- the kids fest -- by a day.)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 03:13:21 AM »
next door to the woodcarvers.... across from the magic show

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 08:24:31 PM »
Unfortunatley they are everywhere now.....worse thing to happen to Branson I think. Some hotels now have in their lobby to get the rooms rented if they allow these companies to put a desk in. So you stay at "the hotel they provide & get cheap tickets" at your expense and then try to sell you time share? It's one thing to have in restaurants, malls, and now SDC & hotels? It's a sad thing, if it was one or two places that sold them okay but there are too many these days. In speaking with many people, it is becoming a major turn off and they don't want to come back if "this is what it's going to".

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
My all time favorite time share story was one I read on another forum.  This fellow got tired of saying, "No", they pretty much had him hijacked in a small room, and he had had enough, so he pulled out his phone and reported to 911 that he was being held hostage.  Apparently, that did the trick, and they let him leave - quickly!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 09:34:57 PM »
Haha! That is awesome! I would never think of calling the cops, but if that's what it takes! Lol
I was at the IMAX Mall one day over the summer and I was waiting for my mom to get done paying for something (I wasn't allowed in the store with her because she was buying for Christmas) and my dad and sister had wandered off somewhere. I was talking to a lady at a timeshare booth. We started conversation and she mentioned that the timeshare place was hiring. I thought about it for a few days because I wanna work in the tourism/hospitality business. I decided against doing something like that. I'm not pushy enough and I don't wanna get the cops called on me. Lol
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
Haha! That is awesome! I would never think of calling the cops, but if that's what it takes! Lol
I was at the IMAX Mall one day over the summer and I was waiting for my mom to get done paying for something (I wasn't allowed in the store with her because she was buying for Christmas) and my dad and sister had wandered off somewhere. I was talking to a lady at a timeshare booth. We started conversation and she mentioned that the timeshare place was hiring. I thought about it for a few days because I wanna work in the tourism/hospitality business. I decided against doing something like that. I'm not pushy enough and I don't wanna get the cops called on me. Lol

Hey Tiffany, if you want to work in Branson, come by and fill out an app here; may be able to hire you. You "sound" great on the posts and your personality would fit right in!  :D

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »
The spiel has been going on at least a couple of months now.  It is something in conjunction with Welk resorts.  During the Fall festival we went to check out what was going on about registering for the boat.  In reading the fine print on the registration form we saw that it was affiliated with Welk.

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:05 AM »
that reminds me of a trip too cabo san lucas Mexico, but first i would like too say sdc should be ashamed because these company's are ruining the theme of sdc and they have already taken hold of branson. anyway as soon as we got through customs in cabo we were told too go too this desk too arrange for our ride too the hotel. and it was a big push too get you to buy a timeshare there and like everyone has said they wouldn't let you leave until we said yes but we kinda outsmarted them the wife and i steped back pretending too talk about it and when we went back too tell them no she acted too get sick and asked for the bathroom. and after a couple minutes i said i wouldn't make a decision with out her so i went too see if she was OK and she was waiting for me right outside the door. i hate too be like that and lie too them but it was the last resort, the way i look at it was they were stealing time from me on my vacation, and i try and enjoy every minute i can away from home and that trip was only 4 days  long. they are sharks man they don't care if you get ruined financially or who they ruin.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:13:42 AM by Avalanche04 »

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
I have managed to avoid talking to them at all, so they haven't been a problem--other than aesthetically--for me.  They do NOT want to try to corner me and get pushy.  I grew up the son of an Air Force Chief Master Sgt, Chief of Flightline Maintenance.  I am not an abrasive or abusive fellow, but I know how to act like one if I need to. . . .

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »
Hey Tiffany, if you want to work in Branson, come by and fill out an app here; may be able to hire you. You "sound" great on the posts and your personality would fit right in!  :D
I gotta get done with this college thing first. I'm going to a 2yr community college. Maybe I can transfer to somewhere in Branson!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:26:22 PM by tiffanylynnt »

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »
What's your major?  have you considered online classes so that you aren't tied to a specific geographic area?  How about a non-traditional format?

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 11:59:54 AM »
Right now, I'm doing general studies but when I tranfser, its going to be hospitality management. I have one online class, but I would rather sit in class. Its easier if I need help or need to talk to the teacher. It was nice tho when I spent an entire week out of town because I was on break from school. I got ahead on my english (online class) while I was winding down in the hotel room before going to bed. The next week when break was over, I had more time to do homework from the other classes.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »
Coalesce....sorry you didn't get your ornament.....we only went to 3 festivals and got ours when we got passes for next year......but we went to SDC  26 days during those 3  visits.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 03:42:19 PM »
you must have hit some "events" during your 26 days...

This year there were 10 festivals/events that counted towards earning the ornament.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »
I sent an email to SDC this week about the overcharge on the souvenir cup refills (see my trip review in the 2011 trip thread) and I also mentioned in the email that I didn't think SDC should be allowing Welk on the property for the spiel.  I did receive a response that apologized for the overcharge but there was no comment in the email about my concerns about Welk.