Author Topic: new cardinals manager  (Read 2157 times)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
new cardinals manager
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:53:28 AM »
Mike Mathaney named new cardinal manager Sunday News conferance at 11 am Monday.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: new cardinals manager
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
Yes...the upcoming season should be very interesting.  Matheny, although an ex-Cardinal, has no manager experience, and only a little bit of coaching experience.  I wonder what he told Mo and DeWitt to convince them he was the right man for the job.  Anyway, I hope he has a great season.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »
Nice Guy, Glad he found his opportunity. Now I wonder when the Pujols issues will come to a close!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:26:11 AM »
It's his game to win. If he blows it, the GM and owners will get the blame. If he wins, he's a new hero.

I remember him as a player, and even though everyone is questioning his lack of management experience, he apparently had TLR's full confidence.

I try to never follow the off-season transactions, because I love the game itself, not the gamesmanship behind the game. But, I can't help but be antsy about Albert's contract.

I still stick by what I said last year: it will take a lot more money to get him away from the Cards than it would take to get him to stay. Letting him go, no matter what his price, would cost the organization far more than paying him whatever he asks.