Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 724059 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1830 on: February 10, 2013, 08:43:26 AM »
Yeah, that's not new knowledge.  Oz Cat will probably be bulldozed in in a few years
Not new knowledge but sad news...how about the Roaring Falls ride...will we see that at SDC sometime in the future?
Colorado SDC Fan

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »
The fate of OzCat is a travesty.

sawblade5

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 11, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
I saw a Video on YouTube of the Non Stop Loading Procedure for the New Texas Giant. I wonder if the absence of gates is a indicator that they gonna be doing this type of loading operation for Outlaw Run?

BTW The New Non Stop Continuous Loading System for the New Texas Giant can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsrdajIr5J0

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1833 on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
^Nope, see the previous posts. The station gates just haven't been installed yet.

The new non-stop loading systems don't seem like they are fun at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but they don't seem much more effective either. I hate that you don't get to pick your seat, and they look like a nightmare for uninitiated guests to figure out. I don't think it would go over well at SDC.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 11, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
Eek. That non-stop loading looks horrible. To me it seems like it takes way more time to load one train that way than the normal stop-go loading procedure. I do like the idea of on-ride zipped pouches for small articles. That was one thing I like about Disney, that you don't have to stick your stuff in a cubby hole; there's always a place on the ride to store your stuff.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 11, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
I am a fan of the stop, load, go system. That gives the ride operators time to make sure everyone on the ride is safe and to visually inspect harnesses. I would feel pressured to be the worker doing that and would want to take me sweet time making sure I did right. No continuous loading please. As the rider I would be nervous that the operator missed something in the rush.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 11, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
i dont think you will ever see continuos load at SDC.. 

Looks like it slows down the process, and i do really question the "safety" factor..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1837 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »
While I don't think that you'll see it at SDC, there are plenty of examples of it at Disney and if they can get it to work properly and safely for them, I'm sure SDC could handle it just fine.

SWOOSH

Hollwood

« Reply #1838 on: February 11, 2013, 04:28:30 PM »
Disney's non stop loading and NTG non stop loading are completely different. WDW builds OMNI movers... There is no good seat bad seat and the stations are built with everything in mind, including ADA. If you have to stop NTG it backs up trains, if you stop any WDW ride the ride keeps moving, with EXTREAM cases not being accounted for. I think it is a bad idea to convert coasters to this type of load/unload. Heck, even Rip Rocket, whose station was built for continues load/unload is a triable design and does not speed up the process. They are continually stoping their trains in the station. Probably could have saved a couple of million and staffing costs by building it the old fashion way. I guess SDC could try it on FITH... HA!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 11, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »
I saw a Video on YouTube of the Non Stop Loading Procedure for the New Texas Giant. I wonder if the absence of gates is a indicator that they gonna be doing this type of loading operation for Outlaw Run?

BTW The New Non Stop Continuous Loading System for the New Texas Giant can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsrdajIr5J0
This is a stinky loading system...definitely not in favor of it...
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1840 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
Disney's non stop loading and NTG non stop loading are completely different. WDW builds OMNI movers... There is no good seat bad seat and the stations are built with everything in mind, including ADA. If you have to stop NTG it backs up trains, if you stop any WDW ride the ride keeps moving, with EXTREAM cases not being accounted for. I think it is a bad idea to convert coasters to this type of load/unload. Heck, even Rip Rocket, whose station was built for continues load/unload is a triable design and does not speed up the process. They are continually stoping their trains in the station. Probably could have saved a couple of million and staffing costs by building it the old fashion way. I guess SDC could try it on FITH... HA!

Let's try to think outside the box a little here.
and no I was not referring to the Omni mover rides.

Coasters with continuous loading (just off the top of my head)
-the Dark Knight Coaster (Six Flags parks)
-Flight School (DCA)
-Primeval Whirl (DAK)
and there are more.

Then you can get into water rides with continuous loading
-Fury of the Nile (WOF)
-GRR (DCA)
-Logflume (Adventureland)
and the list goes on
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 11, 2013, 09:36:04 PM »
Dollywoods log ride is a consant load and I liked it.  It gives people a time limit to get on.   I have frequently seen people get so caught up in there own dramatics they hold everything up, then at times I have seen the employees be the culprits in the hold up.  I have found this happening a lot over at Powder Keg.  although all the coasters suffer from this minus FITH.  Its pretty regular in its dispatch. 
After riding the splash at Dollywood I was in favor of such loading processes.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »
I heard a rumor.........because I don't have a reliable source.........that when Texas Giant goes to three train operation, there will be a train constantly being loaded, therefore you have a constantly moving line.

I know a lot of people like to have certain seats when they ride, but I've been to SFOT when a half empty car would go out of the station because a group wanted to be in the same train together. Maybe this will help stop that from happening. At Disney, you don't usually get a choice which seat you sit in, and I still had a great time. But then there's the guy at SFFT that had that big blow up when he couldn't sit exactly where he wanted on the rattler....so as this thread illustrates, some will be happy, some will be mad, and then there will be those that don't care. But if the tests show they can put more people through the ride then that's the choice I'm for.

Jay

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 13, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
Sorry, Double post, but getting back on target. Here is a full point of view (minus the lift) of Outlaw Run.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=242381019230814&set=vb.100003767524235&type=2&theater

Edit: the video has since been removed or restricted.

Jay
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:13:26 PM by cowboy »

mammalone

« Reply #1844 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:56 PM »
Wow that is fast.