Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723788 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1695 on: December 23, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »
So, I take it they're expanding the depot to hold more people?
I'm Your Huckleberry

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 24, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »
Interesting. I know I have seen in the last two years crazy lines to get on the train. Hard to imagine the depot office (whistlestop) gone for more loading platform area. Times change.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 24, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
thats too bad, apparantly the little shop isnt selling enough trinkets to justify it existence... be interesting if a different shop of somekind goes in there, OR as Cocodane suggested, additional standing room.. 

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 24, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
Well the dreams have started! I've started to dream about riding Outlaw Run! March needs to hurry up!  ;)
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 24, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1700 on: December 24, 2012, 10:31:42 PM »
thats too bad, apparantly the little shop isnt selling enough trinkets to justify it existence... be interesting if a different shop of somekind goes in there, OR as Cocodane suggested, additional standing room.. 

Honestly they're still deciding.  I've heard from a new shop to making it the new entrance to the depot.  I guess we'll see.
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 25, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »
The shop leaving really does not affect me. I never go in there and honestly I forgot it was even there. For me it blends so well. It is not like other shops. For instance, Wildfire you walk through the gift shop. To get to other rides you have to walk by many stores. The train is tucked and the shop isnt a stand out. Its kinda in a corner and not noticeable. For me. Maybe if it were advertised more......or they held some kind of scavenger hunt and one of the spots was in the trains gift shop.....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

cocodane3

« Reply #1702 on: December 27, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »
Conductor Josh said that all of the Doug and Melissa stuff as well as anything not SDC wi be takin out and all FSDL stuff will be put in. Josh is going to get  about 20 conductor hats with the iron on patch and put Christmas lights on it like he did to his hat for OTC!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
The new Pizza Place has gone vertical.
Also if you get a chance to visit the park this final weekend, make sure you get photos of the fort in Landing area as the bridges are coming down and the north facade will be VERY different come next season. 

Speaking of the new facade for that part of the fort.  It will look a lot like the facades around the River Blast attraction.  I think this will help tie the area together and make it more coehesive. 

Regarding the food at the pizza place - it will NOT be a flatbread pizza - it will be more of a handtossed style.  Will be several brick ovens for the pizza to be cooked in.  NOT A BUFFET.

Have some construction photos that I'll try to get up on MiG this weekend
SWOOSH

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 28, 2012, 06:22:35 AM »
Regarding the food at the pizza place - it will NOT be a flatbread pizza - it will be more of a handtossed style.  Will be several brick ovens for the pizza to be cooked in.  NOT A BUFFET.

That's good news. Brick ovens give me hope it won't be cardboard tasting, theme park pizza.

Can't wait to see your pictures!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 28, 2012, 06:45:25 AM »
Swoosh, appreciate the update! Anything new with the plaza area or loading areas around Outlaw Run? Testing of any kind planned?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:32 AM »
yesm they said all along it would be a 'brick oven style" pizza...

Depending on weather, I will be there sunday,,  pics of that area are on my to-do list..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 28, 2012, 08:30:31 AM »
Not much has changed over at OR that is visible to park guests.  Supposedly the track has now been filled with concrete and testing was scheduled to begin... and then winter happened.

SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 28, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
Here are the photos of the construction that has been done up at Outlaw Run's plaza.
http://midwestinfoguide.com/silver/outlawrun/12.27.12/

-Gate installed
-Trees planted
-Landscaping Timbers placed
-Work on Extended Queue?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:57:44 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:05 PM »
Here are photos of the work being done on Crossroads Pizza
http://midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2012/dec27/

-Vertical construction has begun
-Overhead shot of the layout of the building

Wish they'd release the art for the building so that I could help you guys understand the layout better.  The new eatery will really class up the look of this section, which IMHO has been allowed to kind of "rot" while they figured out what they wanted to do with it.  The new facades will match what has been done over on the sides of the Carousel Barn that face River Blast, if that helps give you a visualization of the "awesome" that is to come.
SWOOSH