Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723935 times)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1665 on: November 30, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
You're exactly right Junior.  With season passes on sale and Christmas a coming now is the perfect time to promote pass sales as gifts.  I'm sure the brochure will spur some sales.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 30, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
You're exactly right Junior.  With season passes on sale and Christmas a coming now is the perfect time to promote pass sales as gifts.  I'm sure the brochure will spur some sales.

Season Passes are GREAT stocking stuffers for the kids along with Itunes gift cards and what not.

I would have done the Dollywood promotion, buy 2013 season passes and get into OTC for free and collect the concession and souvenir sales and use Outlaw Run as the bait!

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 30, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
Well Dollywood did the same thing with Wild Eagle and started advertising early. DW season pass sales were up a whopping 20%!! I think it's wise of SDC to do the same with Outlaw Run since it is Christmas time and that is when a lot of people renew their passes, buy passes for the first time, get passes after not having one for a few seasons, and decide whether they want to renew for another season or not. This may seem like a dumb question but are season passes more important to the park as far as making money and stuff goes? One thing I've noticed is that DW and SDC promote the heck out of buying season passes.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
Well Dollywood did the same thing with Wild Eagle and started advertising early. DW season pass sales were up a whopping 20%!! I think it's wise of SDC to do the same with Outlaw Run since it is Christmas time and that is when a lot of people renew their passes, buy passes for the first time, get passes after not having one for a few seasons, and decide whether they want to renew for another season or not. This may seem like a dumb question but are season passes more important to the park as far as making money and stuff goes? One thing I've noticed is that DW and SDC promote the heck out of buying season passes.

It's money in the bank and provides known operational capital for the upcoming season for budgetary purposes. Same reason sports teams push season tickets. Arkansas only pulled 65,000 for a FCS school, fine by the Athletic Dept, they got their money for each of those empty seats. Schools with weaker season tic sales charge different prices for games. I think OSU does this or did recently. Maybe Dollywood did that due to no new ride in Dollywood for 2013, it's going to the waterpark.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 01, 2012, 05:52:17 AM »
If they have a season pass, you know they are going to be on park several times...which means they are more likely to buy merchandise, food, drinks, and so on. A new coaster had better make the cash register ring, or you won't see new coasters in the future! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »
If they have a season pass, you know they are going to be on park several times...which means they are more likely to buy merchandise, food, drinks, and so on. A new coaster had better make the cash register ring, or you won't see new coasters in the future! ;)

"" Ka Ching!!!"""

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 01, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »
How could it not...I've even heard talk about Outlaw Run on Sirius XM on one of the country channels...this station is out of Chicago...
Colorado SDC Fan

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 01, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
What Josh said is true. I heard it on Sirius on the way home last week - not sure what station it was.  I was really surprised.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 02, 2012, 05:40:26 PM »
Are the 2013 passes good for the rest of this year too, or just for the 2013 season?

Jay

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 03, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »
Cowboy, 2013 Season Passes are only good for the 2013 season. Although, I seem to remember that last year during December they let you upgrade a one-day 2011 pass into a 2012 Season Pass (but without the free BAF passes). But I haven't seen anything about that yet this season.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 04, 2012, 03:32:20 AM »
Sceamscape has posted the full POV video for OR!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1676 on: December 04, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
Link to POV (which was distributed by TPR actually): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8spUS2akk0&list=UUT-LpxQVr4JlrC_mYwJGJ3Q&index=1&feature=plcp

Here are those photos I promised you guys: http://imgur.com/a/382UF

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
Thanks for the photo's Shave. I wasn't able to get any good shots of the clearing of Aunt Polly's, because it was dark when we were in that area of the park.

Looks like there is room for the Balloon Chase back there!  :D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 04, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »
Great photos, thanks!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 04, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
didnt get pics, But the whole aunt pollys area is cleared completely out... i was able to look inside of fence,,,
No footings poured yet,
didnt see any plumbing water/sewer,
No elevation markers.
no materials on site,
Just looked bare.

sure glad we know there is something going back in there!!