Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 723122 times)

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #735 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:08 PM »
Just got back from the City today and was admiring the new coaster from "Powder Keg".  That thing is going to be huge, and from the looks of it a game changer for SDC moving forward.  I think they will definitely inspire a few enthusiast to make a special trip to try it out.  I wonder if they are "going for it", like Holiday World has recently with their top rated wood coasters to attract some national buzz?

Also, there were two workers working at the very top and it looked liked they were working without being tied on in any way.  Man, I can't imagine being that high up just putting in my 10 hours like it was nothing.  Talk about your daredevils!

These coasters are modern marvels.  It looks like a strong breeze would send that whole thing toppling over like a stack of matches. 

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 22, 2012, 02:53:15 AM »
Doesn't matter what he used, he still took photos from a ride which is against the rules no matter how you slice it.

::)

Did he? Or did you read what he actually wrote?

I seem to have missed your outrage over the various ride videos that have appeared here, and are all over Youtube.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #737 on: May 22, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
I have got on to several of those people as well.
I find it odd that most of you don't have a problem with this.  The rules are cut and dry.  No loose articles on the ride. That includes those strapped to you.  No photos on the ride.  The excuses of "well so and so did" are just stupid.  Are you one of my JH students because I expect a retort like that out of a 12-14 year old about how they're being unfairly singled out.  I guess it shouldn't surprise me that there are adults out there that haven't learned right from wrong yet as someone has to teach these kids the wrong way of behaving at home.  Yes I went there, get over it.
SWOOSH

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 22, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
Okay maybe its time to stop talking about this and start talking about this amazing new ride sdc is building for us.   Right now I am just dying for a announcement! I'm curious about theming  and artwork! I'm dying to see what sdc cooks up for a logo for this thing! And I do wonder if sdc's waiting for an announcement with such a visible project is because there might be more to this than we think!  I agree putting the shot tower from CC would be great in that area but unless they have already taken it down then I don't see that happening this year since they would have to disassemble it paint it and rebuild it! Although who knows I do suppose its possible but they are cutting it close on time to do all that.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
Grapeslie,  your right, It will be quite a ride.....

Rumor has it over 160 ft drop!!! ;) ;)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Went there on Sunday and took some pictures but nothing that really adds to the discussion. But I did notice on my train ride that there were several footers near the lift hill that are not part of the lift hill.....you can see them here in this picture taken by swoosh....

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/project2013/05.18.12/24.JPG

I'm thinking that we'll see some kind of crossover.

And just a random thought...could this ride have two lifts? The reason I ask is because the rise from the valley back to the station is going to be a significant elevation change (you can see the path it is going to take in this picture....there just are not any footers yet, only centerline stakes).

Jay

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
In the words of Jackie Moon from Semi-Pro.... ELE... Everybody Love Everybody. I personally understand both sides of the issue but either way I don't feel the need to get worked up over something that is no big deal.... ELE  ;D

Can't Wait to ride this monster of a rollercoaster!  8)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 22, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
Rocky Mountain has buzz around their name with the Texas Giant and other Reno work. This is their first "from the ground up" soldiers using their tech from the rail to their trains. I expect they will be using this to sell future projects and will be about a 75% represention of what all they can do. They can sell smaller off this represention or go even Wilder off of it and give what most expect from an SDC ride to SDC.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 22, 2012, 12:01:49 PM »
Just found this interesting to me info. If the drop of the new coaster is around 160 ft that will be nearly the same amount the new video screen at Razorback Stadium is wide. That will be 167 feet wide in High Def. Now SDC needs to by some promo time on that showing off the new ride in a Extreme Drop(tackle) of the game bit to 75,000 that fits their demographic targets to a tee.

crash

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
I happened to be at the park today and thought it would be nice to see the difference in just one week.  I did not have time to ride the train however but I will be back tomorrow and hopefully I will grad some more photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79213651@N04/7257720496/

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #745 on: May 23, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the photo crash. So the track is now all the way up the lift hill and probably as far as it can go. I guess that means they've started working on the drop. Might be able to see it starting to take shape by tomorrow, or certainly by this weekend I would think.

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
The station kind of looks like the shape of a wild west town. I'm thinking this will fit well with "the outlaw" title.

crash

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »
There has not been anything other than the tracking done.  From pk it looked the same as it was before, except for more tack laid.  This could also be because I could not see lower than the tree tops also.

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone heard any rumors about a new SDC area called the “Pioneer Woman” area? On an episode of OzarkWatch Video Magazine, author Leon Combs was interviewed. He was telling about a cabin in Taney County where a 90+ year old woman had lived alone with no electricity, running water, or anything modern. He said that the cabin was going to be moved to SDC as part of a new area called the “Pioneer Woman” area. The website for this program is “http://www.optv.org.” 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »
^Mr. and Mrs. Leon Combs already donated such a cabin to SDC back in 1999. It's called Birdle's cabin and it's located way back in a corner of the park behind the steam-powered lathe. You can read a little more about it here: http://woolenmillstudio.net/portfolio.2005.05.29.html

What episode was it though? Perhaps this is something new. Birdle's cabin has looked like it was about to fall apart in recent years, and it never seemed like the city really payed much attention to it. If this was truly recent, then they could be talking about replacing it and refurbishing the area with a new partnership/tie-in with the Pioneer Woman.