Author Topic: Andy Williams  (Read 9334 times)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Williams
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
When I left SDC on Saturday afternoon on the Sept. 29th. there was a burial occuring athe the Shepard of the Hills Cemetary. Could this been Mr. Williams?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 01:33:19 PM »
The Dick Clark Theatre didn't belong to Mr. Clark - at least that's what I have been told on several different occasions.  The theatre bought the rights to use his name a long time ago; maybe when it first opened (this I'm not sure about).  Mr. Williams personally owned his theatre and the restaurant.  He and his wife have lived in Pt. Royale for many years.  I often saw him on the golf course.  I can't imagine that the theatre would be sold, but who knows.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
I checked the Find a Grave Website, and it says Any Williams' gravesite is unknown to them at this point. I would have thought his wife would have buried him in California though.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
Junior, that's what I thought, also.  Maybe I can find out when I'm at the Point in a couple of weeks.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
Maybe  Zephron or Copper can make a visit to the cemetary. It was in the front right side.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »
Jack Purvis died recently, also.  He was a Branson city official. 

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
I don't know if anyone saw it on Branson's Facebook, but they said about Andy's Christmas show this year:
"Many of our Facebook friends have asked about this year's Christmas show at the Andy Williams Moon River Theatre. The show will start Nov. 1, and Andy was involved in all phases of planning this year's spectacular production. The show also will feature a moving tribute to "Mr. Christmas." Branson will celebrate the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, remembering our dear friend."
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin