Author Topic: Any other Peterson's 4WOR readers here?  (Read 2830 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Any other Peterson's 4WOR readers here?
« on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »
Just got my latest issue with the 2nd part of Ultimate Adventure coverage. For those that don't know, this is a 4 wheel drive enthusiast trip where each year they pick one part of the country and hit several off road parks in the area. When traveling they do their very best to avoid interstates and stay primarily on side roads with lots of roadside stops at various attractions/unusual locations/places. This year it was in SW MO, NW AR, NE OK and SW KS. There's some great shots of that part of the country with a couple more notable being one of Beaver Bridge across the White river (with a bunch of 4wd trucks on it) and a small write up about Bluff Dwellers Cavern near Noel, MO. Part 2 isn't up on their website yet since the print version just came out but as soon as it is I'll put the link up for it. In the meantime, here's the link to pt. 1.

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/ultimateadventure/2011/131_1111_ultimate_adventure_2011_part_1/index.html
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any other Peterson's 4WOR readers here?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »
what do you have Larson? jeep? are you a 4 wheeler enthusiast? i drive an avalanche as you can tell by me screen name. love it! that truck has gotten me outta many jams, one year i had too get my tree stand off the property i deer hunt on due too the fact the owners had sold it anyway i had too go through a swamp made that no problem but when i was climbing the ridge next too the bluff there was a spot in the little trail i was driving on where the water runs off the bluff down too the swamp and crosses the trail. i stopped 100ft from it thinking i should walk the rest of the way but no my trusty avalanche can make it, lol as soon as i hit the spot my tires droped and yep i was sitting on my front Axel. and sad too say it took 2 trucks too pull me out, and one of them was a ford bronco,lol sorry i had too share that story.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
and that story is a perfect example of what off-roading is all about!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »
what do you have Larson? jeep? are you a 4 wheeler enthusiast? i drive an avalanche as you can tell by me screen name. love it! that truck has gotten me outta many jams, one year i had too get my tree stand off the property i deer hunt on due too the fact the owners had sold it anyway i had too go through a swamp made that no problem but when i was climbing the ridge next too the bluff there was a spot in the little trail i was driving on where the water runs off the bluff down too the swamp and crosses the trail. i stopped 100ft from it thinking i should walk the rest of the way but no my trusty avalanche can make it, lol as soon as i hit the spot my tires droped and yep i was sitting on my front Axel. and sad too say it took 2 trucks too pull me out, and one of them was a ford bronco,lol sorry i had too share that story.

No jeeps, just trucks. Currently '03 Ram 1/2 ton and a '78 Chevy 3/4 ton. Past rides include various Doges, an '87 'Yota and even a couple of Ferds and Chevy's but I primarily lean Mopar.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »
Mopar is the way to go! Yes I have a Ford truck now but when I can I'm changin'.