Author Topic: OTC 2011 When are you going?  (Read 18226 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: OTC 2011 When are you going?
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
Leaving Wed. as soon as school lets out.  Planning to be at the park Thanksgiving Day, which is not soon enough!!

I don't think it would be soon enough if I went tomorrow! Too many hours between now and noon tomorrow!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »
well gilligan, make sure you leave us a review on detaiols about how many people were there.
Are you going in friday morning as well? if so let us know how that goes as well.  Hope you have decent weather to contend with.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 12:28:23 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be headed up there with the family this Friday for a quick two day trip. I'm mostly excited just to see about the markers. Look for a ton of pics next weekend.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »
Looking forward to those pics.  Have a great time, Shave!
I'm Your Huckleberry

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
We are going to miss our traditional T'giving trip this year since we are going to Dollywood instead.  Hope to get to SDC right after Christmas.  Weather then is not as reliable but the crowds aren't as big either. But, we have a great time whenever we go.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 11:27:18 PM »
Just being able to squeeze in both Dollywood, and Silver Dollar City within thirty days, or so is rather impressive! Enjoy your trips.  :)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »
Thanks Ozark.  In Pigeon Forge now.  Heading to Dollywood tomorrow.  Can't wait to see how the new coaster is looking.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
thats quite a road trip smoke!, 

have fun, be safe  be interesting to hear your input on DW's OTC.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »
Had a great time at Dollywood last week.  The weather was great and the coasters did not disappoint.  Enjoyed DW's Christmas festival.  They don't have as many lights as SDC but in my opinion they have a better line up of shows with better variety and selection.  They opened at 10 this past Saturday morning for season passholders with extra ride time on Tennessee Tornado.  I must compliment DW on their new parking lot and their tram service. We arrived just after 9 Saturday morning and there were trams all over the place waiting to take people in the park.  Walked up got on one and they took us right in.  At night when it was time to leave, they had tram after tram lined up waiting to take people back to their cars.  It really kept the line moving and they moved a tremendous amount of people.  Much much better than the tram service at SDC.  Of course, it costs $8 to park at DW so it all best be top notch. Luckily, with the DW gold pass you get free parking and 20% off food and merchandise in the park.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
I got back from Branson yesterday, SDC was Friday. It was raining so all the rides were closed for the first few hours which meant a lot of complaining coming from my buddy, Robby. When the rain stopped and rides opened, we were over by The Grand Exposition and Robby said, "I want to go to PowderKeg. Show us the way, oh fearless one." So I lead them to PowderKeg. We were halfway there and one of the people in our group said, "Tiffany knows the way! She's here everyday!" I said, "Pretty much!" and someone else said, "Tiffany Tutterrow, from Branson, Missouri." I said, "I wish!"
Then we were almost to PK and Robby called me Sacajawea and said how Lewis and Clark wouldn't have made it without her, so I said, "Ohh, you need me!!" And my loving pal, Robert, said, "No. We only need you for the shortcuts to the rides."

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
Nice to be needed!  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 01:39:23 AM »
I made it from The Opera House to Red Gold Heritage Hall in a little under 10 minutes! And that was with trying to get my mom and her friend to keep up.
My former Show Choir was performing at Red Gold Heritage Hall, and I wanted to see them perform (I was using them as an excuse to go to SDC ;)). I wanted to see Christmas Carol before I met up with my friends because they would rather ride rides all day. I saw the first Christmas Carol show. It ran later than the Pathfinder said it would (it always does) so I had to get from the Opera House to Red Gold in about 8 minutes. Thank goodness there were no big crowds, or else they probably woulda got run over!
We got there as soon as choir was walking out on the floor, so we didn't miss anything!
The choir had to leave at 7pm, despite the complaints from half of the choir (mostly Robby). Mom and her friend were ready to leave around that time too, but I REALLY didn't want to. I told her we should go see Christmas Carol again, so we ate, did some shopping, then saw the last show for the day. I'm glad we went back a second time, because the second time had more of my favorite SDC performers as the leads than first show did. I'm not saying the first show wasn't amazing, because it was! But something about Clint as Bob, Rachel as the Ghost of Christmas Present, Tom as Scrooge... made it that much better! My mom and her friend also agreed that the second time was better than the first.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:43:51 AM by tiffanylynnt »

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »
Looks like my wife and I will be going with another couple this weekend; we'll also have our younger son with us.

Unfortunately, the Home Stay is closed for the season  :'(

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »
yes , paige is closed for the season.. 

You might check Bavarian village on indian point, or we have stayed at The Honesuckle inn on SOTH expressway. 

we have also have stayed at the best western over by the landing.. BUT it is on the wrong side of town, if your going to concentrate on SDC.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
best western closest to the City is nice, yet a bit pricey. They do have a great breakfast on the otherhand. I enjoy their indoor pool due to having a wading pool and a big kid pool....the rooms are clean.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!