Author Topic: A kid's first time on Powder Keg  (Read 7874 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: A kid's first time on Powder Keg
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
Items don't have to be "loose" to go flying. My son lost his Blackberry on Powderkeg, and it was in his pants pocket before he got on the ride. We reported it at lost & found, and they told us it happens all the time. They said that they pick up phones and such once or twice a week while doing inspections & maintenance. Most are smashed, obviously.

There are plenty of cameras out there the size of a pack of gum, or disguised as a pen. They'd be no more dangerous when held in the hand, than if they flew out of a pocket.

All that aside, I thought it was a good video of the kid's ride.  :)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
When I was younger, I took my baseball cap off and sat on it, while ridding Wildfire. Somehow, it did manage to find a way to fly off. The next day when we returned to the park, we stopped by Lost&Found and got the cap back; I was so surprised!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 01:37:40 PM »
Wow, that is pretty wild! Your cap took quite an adventure.  ;D

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 11:46:47 AM »
Loved the kids reaction. Not avocating violating park rules but I liked the video

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »
I recorded a few coasters at SF StL a few years back, and now there is a sign that states you will be evicted from the park for no less than 365 days if caught.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »
Road the ride for the first time this year.  As we were going over one of the humps my phone(did not know it happened) came out of my pocket      the phone hung in the air and hung in the air until a guy in the next car could grabl it.  I was really shocked when we got back to the loading platform and he handed it back to me.   After that we made sure all our pockets were empty the rest of the day.   Being 6'4" and 245 I did not think that anything could wedge itself out of my pockets on the rides was I wrong, and lucky.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
welcome to the site firstvisit!! and that was super lucky and kinda cool to hear that your phone made it!! Glad you had a good experiance and here is to a million more!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »
When I was at SDC with my high school show choir last December, all the girls were wearing our pink and black warm up sweats and jackets, and the boys were all wearing jeans and matching black and white jackets (yay unity). I forgot my phone was in my pocket and those pants are really baggy! I was riding WildFire. When the ride was pulling back into the station I noticed my phone sitting up against the floorboard, the part that curves up (I hope you know what I'm talking about, I don't know how else to explain it.) The back fell off of my phone, I was just greatful it didn't fall off the ride!!

My mom was a chaperone for the trip, but my friends and I ditched her at SDC. She warned me about taking phones and stuff on rides, so when we met up later in the day, I told her I put my phone in my bag, and when I took it out later, I realized the back was missing and I didn't know what happened. It doesn't really matter about the back of my phone missing because at senior prom, the phone got STOLEN!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:12:51 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »
This thread is a lil old but I thought I would share the exciting news: My kid is finally tall enough to ride Powderkeg!!! YEEE HAWWW!! No more I ride while hubby waits with kid and I wait while hubby rides! I have been preparing my kid for PowderKeg via youtube so he can see what is in store for him. He is really really excited! We will first put him on Thunderation to see how he does and if he likes that, POWDERKEG HERE WE COME! ;D ;D ;D ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »
YAY!!!  u going to be able to make a trip this week? or wait until next spring for the big debut?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »
it will be spring, unfortunatly. But I will take pics before and after and learn to post them on here!!! I dont know who is more excited me or him!!