Author Topic: Best places to eat in Branson  (Read 12048 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Best places to eat in Branson
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »
I second Famous Dave's on the Landing. The ribs are great, you can even buy them by the bone if you are looking to just try one... and the brisket was amazing. don't pass on the corn bread, it was by far the best I have ever had.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »
Don't forget Starvin Marvins for seafood buffet if you like seafood....pricy but good from what the guests say (I don't like seafood). Also, if you like steak try the Paradise Grill across the street from the hotel. (Your room key gets you a discount there 10% off). Best steak I have had and tried all the steak restaurants in Branson.

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
One of our favorite places to go eat is the Pizza World Buffet, next to Andy's Frozen Custard on the strip.  The pizza's are very good and the dessert pizzas are delicious - especially the cholocolate chip pizza.  It's economical for families or those watching their expenses. especially with the coupon you find in the coupon books.  You get great value for the money.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 07:55:10 AM »
Oh yeah! Starvin' Marvins! Gotta hit this one.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »
the pizza joint sounds good.  may have to check it out.. 

mountaingirl

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
while in Branson at at applebees.  eliniatas and luigis. also la iguanas.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »
I second Famous Dave's on the Landing. The ribs are great, you can even buy them by the bone if you are looking to just try one... and the brisket was amazing. don't pass on the corn bread, it was by far the best I have ever had.

I third Famous Dave’s! And trust me I know barbecue. ;D

Mountaingirl, I have eaten at the Applebee’s in Branson before. Good service, although they are usually packed every time I go! :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
only time i eat at applebees is if i get in the mood for one of there Bourban Street Steaks!!!!   MAN!!  thats some good stuff.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »
We've eaten at the Famous Daves at the Landing......it doesn't compare to the original Famous Daves up here in Hayward, WI., but it is fairly good though. We also liked Starvin Marvins, but my hubby doesn't like seafood so he had a steak that was excellent. The Pizza Buffet was fair....I make homemade Pizza using a Pizza stone  in my oven, so ours tastes better than most ordinary pizza places. I really like to cook, so we don't eat out much when we are home.  I don't like to eat out and be disappointed with the food and still have to pay a lot for it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »
hi there cheesehead.. How are you and the hubby..  weather is nasty hot here..  how is it there?  TTYL...

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:56 AM »
I second Charlies Rib and Steak.  Good food, good service, and nice price.

Texas Land and Cattle on the Landing is my splurge meal.  Steaks melt in your mouth.  Also some of the best service I have ever had at any restaurant.  And excellent with the kids; even bringing their meals out just a bit ahead of the adults so we already had their cut up and ready before our steaks came out.

Cantina Larado.  Its also on the landing.  I don't have words for how good the mexican is. 

We usually go to Mr Gs pizza too.  I think the best thing on the menu is the Tony Orlando Salad.

Or course we often have breakfast at Cracker Barrell or IHOP.  You know what you are getting there.
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
While it's not in Branson, it's just a few short miles up the road in Ozark...Lambert's is our favorite place to eat...Neat atmosphere, tons of food, and reasonable prices..
Colorado SDC Fan

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »
Hey Sanddune!   It's been in the 90's and  80-90% humidity up here in WI. You can hear the corn grow......hubby is sweltering at work.....they only have AC in the offices and he's a maintenance mechanic out on the floor.  We like Lamberts too!Always eat too much there.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
While it's not in Branson, it's just a few short miles up the road in Ozark...Lambert's is our favorite place to eat...Neat atmosphere, tons of food, and reasonable prices..

Lambert’s is always a hit! Nothing like a good roll tossing during dinner time. :D

sdcDave

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
If you decide to try Lambert's, be warned that they do not take credit cards.   Who carries cash nowadays? lol  We did stop on a later trip and it was very good.