Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 273743 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
Nice. I've got a few shots from the weekend as well, but they're not as good as those - too many attempts at sticking the camera through the knotholes.

I did go by Splash Harbor and saw that all the water cannons had been ripped out - so it looks like that rumor is true. It's a shame because I had forgotten how unique SH was until I stopped by after so many years. Hope RB is as neat.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
Thanks.  ;D

It's too bad that Splash Harbor is coming out, but that area will be prime for a new addition in the near future -- I sure hope that our idea to put Mystery Mine over there comes true.
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #587 on: November 30, 2009, 06:51:07 AM »
Thanks for the pics!  I'm looking forward to seeing more theming aspects installed (although most of that may be after the park is closed for the season).

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 03, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »
We'll have some "closer shots" from Saturday's Coaster Christmas event.  Hope we have some nice weather / lighting for photos
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #589 on: December 06, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
I avoided looking through the fence on our visit yesterday, but was surprised the station was visible from down the hill as far away as the saloon.  It changes the SDC skyline a bit from that point of view.  The roof, by the way, is a metal one - similar to the roof on the Culinary & Arts building.  What, by the way, is the station supposed to be in the Tom and Huck story.  Is it a new addition to Twain?  Has SDC made up a new chapter to say that the lads have now opened this business venture?

BTW, on the other end of the Riverfront Playhouse, a worker was setting a couple of tall sign posts about ten feet apart.  Is this a "sign" that the whole area will be theme-strengthened?  Will it be more clearly marked as a "land" within the park that focuses on Twain and the river?  Couldn't the Playhouse have a new show to fit the theme?  I say, "Go for it!"
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 08, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
Construction Continues on River Blast
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2009/dec05/

12.05.09 Photo Update

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #591 on: December 08, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »
Good update! It took shape fast. So much has been done in just one week. I'm excited to hear that the old fort will be expanded. Any news on what it'll be like, and what will happen to the old parts of the fort? Will they re-open the crawl-ways over the main path?

sdcforever

« Reply #592 on: December 08, 2009, 08:48:44 PM »
^I'm hoping for a "yes" to all of the questions you asked.  That is exciting that the fort is being expanded!  It's also cool that the water wheel is being incorporated into the ride.  Thanks for the pics! :)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 08, 2009, 10:56:13 PM »
My friend and I were curious... What's up with the big heavy cables that are attached to Huck Finn's Hideaway and go across the path, over the "secrecy fence", and are attached... somewhere within the "secret area"? Is it some kind of structural support keeping the Hideaway vertical?

Joy

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 08, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »
Answer time:
Any news on what it'll be like?

There really isn't any concept art out there for it, but I imagine it will reflect the rest of the fort with regards to aesthics.

What will happen to the old parts of the fort?

It will re-open and have a spotter for the river stationed up there.

Will they re-open the crawl-ways over the main path?

That is the current plans.

What's up with the big heavy cables that are attached to Huck Finn's Hideaway and go across the path

Without the cables, the Hideaway would fall over.  There was some talk last season of the Hideaway being removed completely, but I've not heard anything here lately.  I can say, however, that there are no plans to reopen it in the immediate future.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2009, 02:07:24 AM »
Okay, we thought that might be what was up with that.

I kinda wish they'd just go ahead and tear it down and *fingers crossed* build a new one, perhaps with some of the older features added back (like that infinity star room that so many people have waxed nostalgic about; sounds incredibly fascinating). The poor building LOOKS ready to fall over.

Joy

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 09, 2009, 04:57:04 PM »
Have an early Christmas present for some of you which will go online soon.
Concept art among other things showing off the layout of River Blast.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM SANTA SWOOSH.

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/new/riverblast/

Lots of previously unreleased conceptual artwork!!!
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »
Wow, the concept art looks fantastic. I wonder why they didn't release it before? I'm totally happy with this project now, its all so well thought out.

sdcforever

« Reply #599 on: December 10, 2009, 10:31:39 AM »
Thanks for posting that, Swoosh!  It's nice to see the diagram I found blown up and readable.  RiverBlast looks like it'll be a great attraction. 8)