Author Topic: Trolleys gone from the Landing  (Read 8069 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Trolleys gone from the Landing
« on: March 19, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
It was in the recent Branson Tri-Lakes News that the trolleys are gone from the Landing.  The lease on the trolleys expired and Landing management decided not to renew the lease.  Management is looking for a more environmentally friendly way to transport people who do not wish to walk up and down the Landing.  However, there is now a trackless train that you can ride for $5 a person.  :o 

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Trolleys gone from the Landing
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
I have ridden it twice in all my trips to the Landing. Usually when we were parking close to to the far edge of the lot. I like the very slight ruts in the brick street at the landing from vehicles going back and forth causing the briks to settle. It is slight, but it can be notices from these trans and other utility vehicles moving back and forth for a few years.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
NO!!!!   That sux!!!!    

wonder why they just didnt start charging a buck or two for the trolleys.

They were "unique" to the downtown area...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »
here is a link to a picture and very short description of the new train..  5.00?!!!  think not...  But i bet the kids will love it for a little while.. will be interestring to see where the train goes..     

very disappointed with the decision to eliminate the trolleys.. :'( :'(

http://bransonlanding.com/specials.html

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »
Branson is becoming the typical tourist trap it looks...Why would adults and kids cost the same?
Colorado SDC Fan

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »
With the amount of retirees that come to the area this suprises me.  The trolleys assisted these people to get around the Landing. Lets face it they are not succeeding the way they expected.  The Landing is in trouble, this was a mistake, and the train is just cheesy and cheap looking. $5 to park $5 for the " train", no thank you.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
Opon a few moments consideration I think I may try to get that trolly and move it to SDC, I will run it from the square down to the Saloon and back.  I shal charge $1 a ride up the hill, its free to go down...............
Bet I would do pretty well ")

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
I would pay for that trolley ride.  However, I will not be paying $5 for a train ride. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
No train!  No train.!  :o

look at the pics, appears with the adults in the background the train is very short.. No way for adults to get in and out easily...

Looks like a "trap", for the parents!  kids see the train and "have" to ride!

WRONG!  WRONG!!  WRONG!! :o

Should have starting charging a small fee on trolleys....!!!!!!!!!

OK. off soapbox now.  Sorry :-[

mhguy, late afternoon?  I would pay 5.00 for a ride up the hill.  LOL!!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »
They should just move the electric cart rentals to the bottom of cardiac hill.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
With the amount of retirees that come to the area this suprises me.  The trolleys assisted these people to get around the Landing. Lets face it they are not succeeding the way they expected.  The Landing is in trouble, this was a mistake, and the train is just cheesy and cheap looking. $5 to park $5 for the " train", no thank you.
Are they charging to park at Branson Landing now as well?
Colorado SDC Fan

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 02:45:02 PM »
Are they charging to park at Branson Landing now as well?

There's always been a charge to park in the garage.  The lots at each end of the Landing are still free.

The downtown trolleys are still there because they are operated by the downtown merchants association -- different group than the Landing.

Supposedly there are more electric carts to rent for those who have mobility problems.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
downtown now and do see those trolleys still going.  that is good.  those would have been a MAJOR loss..

Also i always use the parking garage, it is centrally localted, finding a spot is easy, has elevators...   I know some people dont like the garage, but i do.,.  I think it is 3 bucks for 4hours.  something like that.  in fact headed there now!

Have some pics to  post later tonight, been to sdc and past ww this afternoon.

FriscoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 11:38:56 PM »
Just a thought here, I know nothing will most likely come of it, but what if the Branson Landing put in real Electric Trolley lines. Yes they are at first expensive option, but if they were able to draw electrical power from the White River, via a waterwheel, they could have a free source of power. The free power would payoff over time. Also if the tracks are too expensive, they could have a rubber tired version hat still used the electric overhead wire(trolley bus). I've seen a few larger cities add new trolley lines to take over they most popular bus routes(Little Rock,AR and Memphis,TN are some examples that come to mind). Just some thoughts I had.

Murphy Jenkins

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 03:34:09 AM »
Wired trolleys are very maintenance intensive. There are also safety concerns, given the amperage involved.

For low speed tourist trolleys on short routes, batteries are the thing. Of course, that brings up the problem of charging times... if the duty cycle won't last a day, it means having extra trolleys and swapping out.