Author Topic: The "aura" of SDC, Pt. 2  (Read 3416 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
The "aura" of SDC, Pt. 2
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »
In anticipation of the new season (of which I hope to take part in), I feel a sense of destination that has been growing more and more by the passing of each day and month. There is a great joy of being there, but I think the next time(s) that I visit, I will stop in at the Wilderness Church and give thanks that I am there. And there isnt a more appropriate way to give thanks for being at SDC than to do it at the church that sits right there on the grounds!
  I also believe I will take my time more than I have. I will really breathe in and appreciate the atmosphere, feeling and scenery that surrounds me. There is a picture of one of the coasters with a spectacular view of the water and trees behind it on the SDC website. Do you know I look at that one picture and just sigh. Many people have said for a long time that they wish they could have lived in Andy Griffith's Mayberry and went to Floyd's to get a haircut and chatted with Andy on the bench outside of the courthouse. I kinda have that feeling with SDC. Not as to recreate TAGS, but I feel the same about living there and the feeling it provides. That what TAGS gave to viewers then and it still does it now, long after the show is gone and the sets are destroyed. That's exactly what SDC provides. That same warmth, friendship and atmosphere. And I do believe that, when I get there again, I will take in, soak up and absorb everything I have missed. Namely the spiritual feeling of being in a place that has had an effect of sheer calm and happiness on my soul.
  I have had some down time in my life and have held onto the pictures, scenes and friendship that this site has provided and has helped keep the SDC candle burning. I had lost my passion for being on here because I felt like I was only a face from a distance. But I realized just what I had here and the way the entire SDC aura makes me feel. I found it again. When I get back there, I will take baby steps and meet the place I have met before. Only this time, with a new set of eyes and a lighter heart. I will make sure that I let you all know when I go so that I might meet one or some of you in the process.

Thanks for letting me rant a little, folks!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:57:08 PM by Andymeets1880s »
Andymeets1880s

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: The "aura" of SDC, Pt. 2
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:23:02 PM »
That was beautifully written.  :)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »
interesting perspective.  We very well may see each other down there.. 

As i remember your from independence, mo.  correct?  I live about 30 miles south of topeka..

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »
You's all right Andy1880, we's all getting the "jones's" for SDC, you aint alone. Great words by the way!
Check ya'r PMs bud.
Live life like it's the last day!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »
Andy1880...I always enjoy reading the threads you start and your posts...I imagine we are all feeling the itch to get to SDC...I know I am...June 11th and I'll be there for 2 maybe 3 weeks...Thanks to all of you for filling the void throughout the year when I can't be there...I hope to meet some of you in June...
Colorado SDC Fan

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
I sincerely and gratefully thank you all for the compliments and knowing that I make a small difference on here. It's uplifting and rewarding to know you anticipate another top ten or just genuinely enjoy reading my threads and posts. Your pictures of SDC and your reactions of my top tens has taken me through many a day when I just didnt have much in me.

Ok...time to get off the "me" wagon.

Thanks again, folks!
Andymeets1880s

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
THANKS you for those top ten lists.! always enjoyed by all.

Josh maybe we will see you in june. Will see if we can make a weekend work out then! Got to get through the next 90 days! ;)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 03:58:21 PM »
I'm itching for next week but problely won't get to.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 08:22:28 PM »
me too olds..  i would love to be there the 17, but think i will have to wait until sunday :-[