Author Topic: Branson Belle Disabled!  (Read 10037 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Belle Disabled!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »
YOU BET!!  I aim to please, I am however hearing now that one or both of the paddle wheels actually failed due to electrical problems... that would be a big problem...  Still waiting on details on actual damage and true malfunction..       Good thing they have well trained captains and crew members!  Could have been a lot worse!!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
Also good that this did not take place during peak tourist season!

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 08:56:08 PM »
I heard from a reliable source that since they had to cut through the woods that the Army corp of engineers charged them 500 per tree and had someone there to watch

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
Good News concerning the Showboat!  Shows will go on as planned next week, however, the Belle will not be able to leave the dock.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-story-showboat-branson-belle-cleared-for-shows-12212010,0,6053446.story
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »
well thanks for that info.. i have been watching for an update and had not seen one yet!,

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 08:10:59 AM »
Will the showboat offer these shows at a reduced price since guests don't get to ply the waters of Table Rock Lake?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »
nothing indicates reduced rate.. i wondered the same thing..

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
I received an email today about Showboat cruises -- nothing about reduced prices.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »
called them up, no discounts on shows this week or next unless you have coupon from the times..or season pass holders

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »
this just in.

Showboat Branson Belle was just cleared to run its show schedule as planned for the week following CHRISTMAS. 2010's final week's shows are the last shows of Showstoppers! featuring Todd Oliver and his Amazing Talking Dogs and the schedule includes a New Year's Eve show. Check the link for more info!
Branson dinner shows and cruises on Table Rock Lake, Branson, Missouri - The Showboat Branson Belle

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 10:29:40 PM »
This was in an e-mail I received from SDC today (emphasis mine).

"Don't miss your last chance to see Todd Oliver and Showstoppers! aboard the Showboat Branson Belle! After more than a decade of uproarious laughter, standing ovations and encores, one of Branson's top-rated shows, Showstoppers! featuring Todd Oliver and his amazing talking dogs, will sail into nautical history. Sing along to your favorite hits, laugh with great comedy, and enjoy a 3-course feast during Christmas dockside dinner shows December 26-31, 2010!"

"Celebrate this special occasion in style! Your New Year's Eve experience aboard the Showboat Branson Belle includes the very last performance of Showstoppers! The three-course meal is followed by dancing and a New Year's Eve toast with sparkling grape juice. Limited seating is still available for this 8pm dockside dinner show and celebration, beginning at $67 per person (plus tax). Reserve yours today by calling 800-475-9370!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 10:04:46 AM »
good job parson..  "Now we know the rest of the story".

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
Reported by Associated Press today:  The Showboat Branson Belle, which ran aground in December, is expected to reopen March 25. Officials with Herschend Family Entertainment said the 15 year old boat needed repairs to the hull. It's also getting a new propulsion system and has undergone extensive remodeling. Looks like the 2011 season will be a bright one for our favorite showboat! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 05:40:28 PM »
the remodeling was scheduled for this winter..  looking forward to see it! after 15 years of the same interior..

They have updated their schedule. they were actually to be opening a week earlier!

I will be there on the 25th for my birthday cruise and then hit SDC!

PAST ready for 2011 season!