Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 113055 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »
so when did u get to branson josh?  how long are u staying?
We got here on the 8th and are going to stay until the 23rd. I'd love to meet any of you that will be at the park during this time. By the way, I did catch the Nic Wallenda Discovery thing...It was neat to see, but perhaps a bit overhyped...That said, to hang by your teeth 200 ft in the air from a helicopter with no safety ropes or anything attached is amazing.
Colorado SDC Fan

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
I forgot KC is getting an SeaLife Aquarium and a Legoland at the Crown Center.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
As much as I anticipate a new ride I would be just as happy next year if they brought back a "re-vamped" show like the Melvin the Chicken Thief show, the Boxing Show or one of the older Saloon shows.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »
I would love it if they brought back the Lumbercamp Lumber Jack show there by the Falls and made it into a real outdoor theatre with bleachers and everything = giving that "wasted space" a meaning again. 
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2011, 09:44:44 PM »
All those shows you mentioned sounds neat...Especially the lumber jack show...I was sad to see that Adam Western is no longer doing the Saloon Show...I guess he moved to St. Louis following his girlfriend...He was a great comedian...
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
There's definitely a possibility of new shows. The concept piece I linked to a while back shows that they are probably sniffing around new show concepts - I doubt that guy designed that piece just for the fun of it. There's certainly demand for it too, and I know Dollywood just put a lot of work into some new shows recently that probably paid off for them.

With the new log hewing craftsman coming in, there's obviously still some interest in new crafts too, so maybe we'll see more of that come in.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:07 PM »
I’m all for it! I say bring on more craftsmen, and definitely bring on new shows. Branson is essentially a miniature Hollywood, and there are lots of talented actors in the area that could really bring Silver Dollar City to life.

The lumberjack show returning to the Lumberjack Camp would be so wonderful! :D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
I would love to see the lumberjack show again...

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
I loved the show. My favorite event was the log rolling in the waterfall lake, it made for a good show! They even had a springboard demonstration, and a single buck competition. With the lTall Timber logging show that was 1.5 miles from SDC, they would not have any trouble finding competitors/ demonstrators for this event...

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
There's definitely a possibility of new shows. The concept piece I linked to a while back shows that they are probably sniffing around new show concepts - I doubt that guy designed that piece just for the fun of it. There's certainly demand for it too, and I know Dollywood just put a lot of work into some new shows recently that probably paid off for them.

With the new log hewing craftsman coming in, there's obviously still some interest in new crafts too, so maybe we'll see more of that come in.

Do you remember which thread had the "concept piece" link?
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2011, 09:22:55 PM »
^It was back a few pages, here it is again: http://www.jimdavisdesign.com/portfolio/grizzly-encounter/

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »
^It was back a few pages, here it is again: http://www.jimdavisdesign.com/portfolio/grizzly-encounter/

Thanks, Shave!  Are you going to get a chance for a visit to SDC this summer?
I'm Your Huckleberry

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
Any new info on next year's project or change/addition of shows?
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
^^I hope to get out there sometime this summer, but it's always iffy for me. I'll at least be there for Christmas.

^Nope, it's still somewhat early to see any signs of construction if we are indeed getting a new addition. All the rumors I've picked up here and there still point to no major addition for this year either. It seems like the money might go to WW instead. It still sounds strange to me, because again people are clamoring for new things to do, and attendance has apparently been really good even in the face of the downturn that the company was so worried about. Maybe they just want to hold the park steady for another year before making a splurge in 2013. I still say the improvements of the park's infrastructure point to them gearing up for something.

We'll likely have to wait until November to hear what the change-ups will be for 2012. I don't expect to hear much. I think they'll push a new show or resident music group or something, and if we're lucky we'll get a new craft or something as well.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
Agreed. I don’t mind having a year, or two without a major attraction. I would rather them plan thoroughly, and build something really great by the 2013 season. 

Unless they put in something small scale at the last minute, I predict 2012 will be a quiet season.