Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 113192 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
Unless they put in something small scale at the last minute, I predict 2012 will be a quiet season.

I guess it depends on your definition of "quiet season"
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2011, 11:39:28 AM »
My definition of a quiet season is no ground breaking whatsoever. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:23:06 PM by Ozark BBQ »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »
My definition of a quiet season is no ground breaking whatsoever. :)

Well then it won't be a quiet year by that definition as there will be some ground breaking next year.  There is ground breaking every year.
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
Any thoughts on a new attraction for 2012? Anybody heard anything? DW is getting their new attraction...didn't know if SDC was going to see any additions...
Colorado SDC Fan

cocodane3

« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
Idk but the dw coaster looks pretty good. This is a different subject but my dad is talking about not renewing our sdc sp's and going to dw for summer vacation. To me this makes no since because we live 3 hrs from sdc and 17 hrs from dw.and with the season pass u save 50% at dw.stepping of my soap box now. I hope it's homemade lye soap. Haha

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #215 on: August 09, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
Poked around a bit to see if there were any construction markers to be seen anywhere, but I didn't find anything.

The places to look are in the old Waterboggin area, the employee parking lot next to the GE, the hillside next to GE (near the kiddie rides), and the area next to Wilson's farm.

If they do break ground on anything for next season, we're likely to see them start marking an area within the next couple of months, so keep an eye out for anything if you visit.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 09, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
right on shave!  i have been looking this year, but have yet to see anything yet.. i really check out the WB area close...  but nothing yet

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »
Speaking of that, does anyone remember the hype a year, or so ago about all the flags, and markers around the old Waterboggan site? I wonder what those were for? Surveying for a future attraction perhaps?

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
Speaking of that, does anyone remember the hype a year, or so ago about all the flags, and markers around the old Waterboggan site? I wonder what those were for? Surveying for a future attraction perhaps?

I forgot about those. Yes, they must of been surveying new attraction ideas like they were with the guests a few months back. I'm still on that woodie idea. ;)
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
I personally would like too see rube duggans diving bell return.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2011, 07:45:21 AM »
Hey, I'm right there with you on the diving bell return...today's special effects would make this such a great attraction. However, I think the ride should be updated, just called "Dugan's Diving Bell Operations." Junior is now the Captain, Rube has passed on and joined Grandpappy, guarding the silver at the bottom of the lake. Both of them greet you as they did in the old days. The Slim Pickens voice track could be edited so it appears if Rube is greeting you at the scene of the treasure. The Dub Taylor voice track could be slightly altered so it works well with Rube's voice. However, we now would have to be fair to the womenfolk...we would have to have diving bells that Ruby Dugan could drive, and the new pilot of the submersible could be Junior's nephew, Ruben Dugan. Hey, I think that might work! I'd LOVE to work with SDC in recording Junior's voice that would shout down at the audience and at Ruben or Ruby from the loft! What a kick that would be! Perhaps Eli Tolts' kid could be the one racing us to the silver in his dad's old contraption. The possibilities are endless...maybe modern 3D effects? Smoother motion in the simulator, more water effects! Modern Dolby Surround Sound! Whooooweeee! BRING IT ON!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »
@ Junior - If that happens it'll be like you died and went to heaven...

I personally think that would be awesome.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »
@ Junior - If that happens it'll be like you died and went to heaven...

I personally think that would be awesome.

Okie that really makes it sound like you want junior to die and go to heaven!  lol
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »
junior your on too something there!! great idea!!

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
Ground might not be breaking next year, but it will be the year of shows and special events.  There are a lot of things planned for next year including the Fourth of July, Fall Time and Christmas.  I’m not spoiling anything, but I will let all you speculate because you’re all so great at it.