Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 112918 times)

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
That's the silliest idea I have ever seen! Thats like a bear verson of Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. That just seems so out of place for SDC, just weird....just weird.

Stitch's Great Escape + Country Bear Jamboree = Grizzly Encounter

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2011, 11:00:14 AM »
^ LOL  :D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
So I saw the thread about the new attraction at Dollywood for 2012 being a possible roller coaster. In the article it stated that nothing like what they'll be doing has been done in the US and that it will be the biggest investment to this point. Will SDC be getting anything major in 2012? I know that a survey has been sent out but still haven't heard any confirmation that there will be a new attraction. Surely at some point SDC will have to get something major. I'm jealous of the Dollywood clientale. Seems like they've been getting a major attraction every year. It's just not feasible for us to travel to Pigeon Forge to visit Dollywood. SDC is already a 12-13 hour drive. 
Colorado SDC Fan

cocodane3

« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2011, 07:39:01 PM »
Well what state do u live in joshblakebran?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
cocodane, josh is in or near denver colorado.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »
I was SDC today and Wildfire broke down. This really created huge lines for Powder Keg and American Plunge. Some sort of thrill ride needs to be added to the old waterboggin side of the park to help with congestion in the Powder Keg/Wildfire area, especially if one of those attractions break down.
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
so when did u get to branson josh?  how long are u staying?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »
Wow. I hardly ever hear of Wildfire breaking down.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2011, 07:27:28 PM »
Will SDC be getting anything major in 2012?

I am leaning towards no for anything super mega major scale (for example a coaster). Usually, construction for those attractions begin about a year in advance, and here we are in June, and there hasn’t even been one pebble turned over at Silver Dollar City.

Although I do agree, the old Waterboggan site is primed for something at some point.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
^Yeah, and with what was apparently said to the workers about there not being any major new attraction, it pretty much seems like they're going to wait for gas to come down in price again or something, even though the park is still getting full and their competitors are pretty much walking all over them with expansions.  ::)

However, I have some hope that what was told to them was just to throw us off, or was not set in stone and we'll end up getting SOMETHING this year. I know they are rumored to be pouring more money into WW though.

I was SDC today and Wildfire broke down. This really created huge lines for Powder Keg and American Plunge. Some sort of thrill ride needs to be added to the old waterboggin side of the park to help with congestion in the Powder Keg/Wildfire area, especially if one of those attractions break down.

Did it actually break down, or did someone just puke or have a medical issue in the station? That's the only reason I've ever seen it down. It might be the first time in ten years that I've ever heard of it going down for mech. reasons, but B&M's do age eventually.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:01:03 PM by shavethewhales »

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
As crazy as it sounds, I would rather Silver Dollar City wait a year, or two on a quality major attraction rather than rush a mediocre ride, and wedged it into an unnatural spot on the park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
Next year is the "year of the waterpark" as SFStL is expanding Hurricane Harbor (it's not announced yet but it is one of the worst kept secrets in the industry right now) and Adventureland is adding Phase III to Adventure Bay.  It sounds like Oceanse of Fun is FINALLY getting a new attraction next year (this is probably the least "confirmed" though) and Schlitterbahn KC is said to go ahead with part of Phase III next year.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2011, 08:48:41 PM »
Next year is the "year of the waterpark" as SFStL is expanding Hurricane Harbor (it's not announced yet but it is one of the worst kept secrets in the industry right now) and Adventureland is adding Phase III to Adventure Bay.  It sounds like Oceanse of Fun is FINALLY getting a new attraction next year (this is probably the least "confirmed" though) and Schlitterbahn KC is said to go ahead with part of Phase III next year.

I was in KC on a Hubby/Wife excursion this weekend. However, she couldn't keep me away from Cabela's. I was disappointed that store to tell the truth. Bass Pro has got that concept expect for the guns down. That area where schlitterbahn is at is compact and still full of attractions. Outlet Mall, Race track, Soccer Stadium, minor league ball, indoor waterpark hotel, and the Schit thing.

The waterpark is going to have a huge footprint. My wife will not even entertain the notion of Waterwater with all that and a better traffic stituation. Whitewater isn't all that impressive I loved the models of the WoW coasters at Union Station and a bit sad I didn't get to ride a few.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
They've got to have something up their sleeve though; otherwise why send out the 3 ride concept survey?
I'm Your Huckleberry

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
^Yeah, and with what was apparently said to the workers about there not being any major new attraction, it pretty much seems like they're going to wait for gas to come down in price again or something, even though the park is still getting full and their competitors are pretty much walking all over them with expansions.  ::)

However, I have some hope that what was told to them was just to throw us off, or was not set in stone and we'll end up getting SOMETHING this year. I know they are rumored to be pouring more money into WW though.

Did it actually break down, or did someone just puke or have a medical issue in the station? That's the only reason I've ever seen it down. It might be the first time in ten years that I've ever heard of it going down for mech. reasons, but B&M's do age eventually.
The workers said it was for mechanical reasons.
Colorado SDC Fan