Author Topic: Jack McDowell  (Read 2560 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Jack McDowell
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:44:10 AM »
You may remember Jack McDowell, a long time SDC employee. In the early 80's he played the town deputy sheriff. He was with the street troupe, and did various roles. I think he also was in the short lived boxing show around 79/80/81. Later, in the mid-80's, he played "Mercy Purvis" in the Echo Hollow show with Rodney Dillard. I  had a chance to email Jack this week, and he emailed me back, giving me a few details on what he's been up to, so I thought I'd share some of this with you who remember him and are fans...

TIMELINE:     -worked at SDC thru 91. Left SDC and moved to Denver, working for a talent agency and
                    studied acting. A fellow student was Lars Lundgren, who, in 1980, was one of the two
                    stuntmen at SDC that did little "events" around town. Left Denver, moved to Las Vegas,
                    worked in some magic shops.

-Moved back to Branson in '96, managed some of the Chinese Acrobats.

-98/99 worked in the "Branson City Lights" show

-2000 worked with Rodney Dillard for a while

-2001 in the play "Mississippi Love" with Debbie Boone. After the show closed,
                    worked in a men's clothing store, then back to Vegas for a while

-2007 moved back to Branson, working at Titanic since then, and doing some
                     shows occasionally with Terry Sanders.

Jack is a fantastic guy, and was the comedian "Ernest T." at the Hee Haw Theater 1981-1983 during those years I worked there,too. Hope this update has been enjoyable for you, and I hope you'll stop by Titanic sometime and say hello to Jack!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: Jack McDowell
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »
Thanks for the update Junior!  Tell Jack he needs to get on here (or FaceBook) and face his adoring fans!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:13:34 AM »
When I emailed him, I told him about this Website. I encouraged him to check it all out, and look at the Flickr site I've got, too. I also emailed him several pictures of Hee Haw Theater, where we both worked in the early 80's. He emailed back, and said he liked the photos. Don't know if he ever logged on here. I hope he does. However, he's apparently pretty busy with his current job at Titanic, and so, like many folks that work very hard, I'll bet he does not have too much time to cruise the Internet. It would be great to have him as a member, here. He's like OLD GUY, he could post many interesting stories here.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »
Mercy is one of my favorite characters of all time.  When he ziplined across Echo Hollow and landed on the waterwheel, it was priceless.  This was when the show was one-of-a-kind and not as generic as it is now.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating