• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Project 2027 Tracker

Started by MidwestInfoGuide, February 09, 2025, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangesandpeaches

Quote from: orangesandpeaches on August 09, 2026, 08:08:04 PMLess than a week away, lock in your guesses:http://youtube.com/post/UgkxXk1Kny42w3HkSZ-Yp5bZttwo_BIfjZWl?si=JNVON3GaGlrXr20q

I will be taking the poll down Thursday night and will repost with the final results.

Heart Of The Hollow


Ichabod Q. Peabody

Ichabod Q. Peabody

Engineer - Frisco Silver Dollar Line

legoerosion

I will be there for the host town hall meeting that'll happen before the media event on Friday. I'm excited to see what it is first-hand

RowEleven

Quote from: legoerosion on August 12, 2026, 03:47:40 PMI will be there for the host town hall meeting that'll happen before the media event on Friday. I'm excited to see what it is first-hand
Keep it a secret. We wouldn't want any spoilers to ruin the fun.

Heart Of The Hollow

Getting ready to leave for the 14th! So excited!

orangesandpeaches

#861
The YouTube live stream link has been posted to their instagram account. As a local who is there practically every week, tomorrow looks like a good day to... stay home and catch the announcement on YouTube and hit the wave pool and Pipeline Plunge in the evening. The heat and humidity this week has been brutal. I can marathon Time Traveler with the best of them, but even this heat test my limits.

SDCisHome

This may have absolutely nothing to do with the new ride, especially since a lot of speculation leads to it being manufactured by Mack, however, I saw this video about a new style of RMC family coaster (Wild Moose) and thought it was interesting. Again, I know nothing, but wanted to share since SDC & RMC have a strong relationship with OR & FiTH.

YouTube link - https://youtu.be/OKhom287eK0?is=wx1JEbu6e3VUmcpY

RowEleven

The Wild Moose is a great ride concept. Looks like there will be one going to a park in the midwest in 2027 (not SDC, though).

I wouldn't say that RMC and SDC have a great relationship, though. As I understand, the park isn't exactly in love with how Fire in the Hole turned out.

jericho

Quote from: RowEleven on August 13, 2026, 11:45:35 AMThe Wild Moose is a great ride concept. Looks like there will be one going to a park in the midwest in 2027 (not SDC, though).

I wouldn't say that RMC and SDC have a great relationship, though. As I understand, the park isn't exactly in love with how Fire in the Hole turned out.

What about FITH specifically are they not happy about?

NothingisSacred

Quote from: jericho on August 13, 2026, 12:04:09 PM
Quote from: RowEleven on August 13, 2026, 11:45:35 AMThe Wild Moose is a great ride concept. Looks like there will be one going to a park in the midwest in 2027 (not SDC, though).

I wouldn't say that RMC and SDC have a great relationship, though. As I understand, the park isn't exactly in love with how Fire in the Hole turned out.

What about FITH specifically are they not happy about?

Too much downtime like Mystic River

MidwestInfoGuide


Quote from: SDCisHome on August 13, 2026, 11:23:11 AMThis may have absolutely nothing to do with the new ride, especially since a lot of speculation leads to it being manufactured by Mack, however, I saw this video about a new style of RMC family coaster (Wild Moose) and thought it was interesting. Again, I know nothing, but wanted to share since SDC & RMC have a strong relationship with OR & FiTH.

YouTube link - https://youtu.be/OKhom287eK0?is=wx1JEbu6e3VUmcpY

I have a very strong feeling you're going to learn Sunday where the first wild mOOse will be going #WeDugTooDeep
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

RMC and HFEC have been on the rocks for awhile. Both Outlaw Run and Lightning Rod had issues, more so LR for sure. It sucks that the new FITH goes down so often, but I wonder how much of that is RMC versus all the bells and whistles and "safety" sensors that are so ubiquitous these days. It seems there is no getting away from it anymore. I can't believe DW's huge new ride hasn't even opened yet.

Once upon a time Mack was trying to sell a "E-motion" coaster concept that involved big springs on the coaster to allow more bouncy movement within the car around tight turns. It didn't sell well because the novelty wasn't worth it. I wonder if they have continued to play with various methods for adding movement to cars though to make rides a little more dynamic. We could have cars that lean around turns, tilt, spin around to reverse at key moments, etc.

NothingisSacred

And let's be honest here, yes the park will lose its records, but Outlaw needs new trains and a retrack (IBox conversion) job like what was done for LR at Dollywood.

orangesandpeaches

Quote from: sdcfan88 on August 13, 2026, 03:44:02 PMAnd let's be honest here, yes the park will lose its records, but Outlaw needs new trains and a retrack (IBox conversion) job like what was done for LR at Dollywood.

Stay off the even seats, and you will fine on Outlaw Run  :D . I do prefer the Texas Giant trains, but that will never happen on Outlaw Run, not after the summer of 2013. Besides, as it is, many of us regulars hold Outlaw as the best, unhinged night ride in the park, if not the state.