Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)  (Read 146151 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »
About Lake Silver...

On the lake, add a water fountain show complete with  choreographing to Dueling Ban........err, Ozarkian Music. 5 minute show on top and bottom of the hour.  This was quite common in Europe from Palace Gardens to theme parks. Older folk crowd pleasers they are.  Puy du Fou had a smaller one on a lake/pond about the size of the former Lake Silver.

While that would be nice, I don’t see how they would make any return on investing in that. I doubt anyone would go to SDC just to see the fountains, especially when the Landing has fountains for free. So I don’t think the park would see any benefit in investing in a fountain show. Also I feel like a fountain show would be difficult to see having MRF or FL in the background most likely and would create more crowd issues with people stopping along the path to see the show.

You know how many times i go the landing  or down 76 when I go to SDC, 1 out of  20 if that.  It is not relevant.

Not my point. I was saying that if you wanted to see a fountain show, you could go to the landing. I doubt anyone would decide to go to SDC or not based on a fountain show when they can go to one for free. Therefore, while a fountain show maybe wouldn’t cost much, it would likely cost more than it would make SDC.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2019, 02:05:12 PM »
About Lake Silver...

On the lake, add a water fountain show complete with  choreographing to Dueling Ban........err, Ozarkian Music. 5 minute show on top and bottom of the hour.  This was quite common in Europe from Palace Gardens to theme parks. Older folk crowd pleasers they are.  Puy du Fou had a smaller one on a lake/pond about the size of the former Lake Silver.

While that would be nice, I don’t see how they would make any return on investing in that. I doubt anyone would go to SDC just to see the fountains, especially when the Landing has fountains for free. So I don’t think the park would see any benefit in investing in a fountain show. Also I feel like a fountain show would be difficult to see having MRF or FL in the background most likely and would create more crowd issues with people stopping along the path to see the show.

You know how many times i go the landing  or down 76 when I go to SDC, 1 out of  20 if that.  It is not relevant.

Not my point. I was saying that if you wanted to see a fountain show, you could go to the landing. I doubt anyone would decide to go to SDC or not based on a fountain show when they can go to one for free. Therefore, while a fountain show maybe wouldn’t cost much, it would likely cost more than it would make SDC.

However, a night show could keep people in the park spending money during certain times of the year, and provide another show to keep crowds smaller on the "streets".  I imagine Disney wouldn't have its evening light, laser, drone, etc. shows if they weren't making a profit on them.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2019, 10:37:27 PM »
We don't need pomp and circumstance in LS. A decent sized fountain that circulates water and is possibly illuminated at night would be the only inexpensive touch needed to dress up what is nothing, but a small pond now. If they wanted to continue the block retaining wall in front of FL around the entire perimeter, that would be awesome as well, but not holding my breath.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:45:40 PM by BackInTime9 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »
We don't need pomp and circumstance in LS. A decent sized fountain that circulates water and is possibly illuminated at night would be the only inexpensive touch needed to dress up what is nothing, but a small pond now. If they wanted to continue the block retaining wall in front of FL around the entire perimeter, that would be awesome as well, but not holding my breath.

That may or may not happen, 

But i was hoping for a simple block wall all the way around the pond.  that would give a nice clean edge to look at, easier to maintain and keep clean than a dirt bank.  something would match FL and tie in the new attraction.

Fountain in middle to keep water fresh looking would be a good touch too.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »
Exactly.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2019, 10:13:03 PM »

That may or may not happen, 

But i was hoping for a simple block wall all the way around the pond.  that would give a nice clean edge to look at, easier to maintain and keep clean than a dirt bank.  something would match FL and tie in the new attraction.

Fountain in middle to keep water fresh looking would be a good touch too.

As of right now, the only part of the new Lake that doesn’t have a permanent treatment is behind the Toy Story and over by the FL restroom. 
SWOOSH

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »
Visited the park this past week and thought I'd share just a few minor observations from our train ride. The MRF loading station is framed and a crane was putting roof trusses in place over the Smokehouse dining area. Saw some workers hanging pumpkin-headed owls along the new Pumpkin Nights walkway.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2019, 05:25:23 PM »
Visited the park this past week and thought I'd share just a few minor observations from our train ride. The MRF loading station is framed and a crane was putting roof trusses in place over the Smokehouse dining area. Saw some workers hanging pumpkin-headed owls along the new Pumpkin Nights walkway.

Awesome.  Did you happen to get any photos?

——
Sorry folks I have another marching competition this weekend but I’ll be down on October 5-6 to get photos from the new festival and of MRF/RTSH construction
SWOOSH

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:38 AM »

Awesome.  Did you happen to get any photos?

——
Sorry folks I have another marching competition this weekend but I’ll be down on October 5-6 to get photos from the new festival and of MRF/RTSH construction

Sadly, no. I was wrangling little ones most of the day.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »
NEW PHOTOS

RIVERTOWN SMOKEHOUSE 10/05/19
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2019, 08:39:31 PM »
NEW PHOTOS

MYSTIC RIVER FALLS 10/05/19
SWOOSH

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »
Thanks for the photo updates, Swoosh. Looking through these, I just happened to wonder for the first time since the official announcement -- with the load station being so much closer to the walkway through the new Rivertown than LR's was, where is the line going to form to handle large crowds? Won't it back up and crowd thru-traffic in the walkway?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2019, 01:34:54 PM »
Looking good! Thanks for the update. I myself plan to do a construction update video later this month.
Liking the amount of landscaping work they are putting into this. The site should look fantastic and well shaded once everything grows in about 5-10 years.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 01:36:58 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2019, 06:30:13 PM »
Thanks for the photo updates, Swoosh. Looking through these, I just happened to wonder for the first time since the official announcement -- with the load station being so much closer to the walkway through the new Rivertown than LR's was, where is the line going to form to handle large crowds? Won't it back up and crowd thru-traffic in the walkway?

The queue line goes on the ride side of the station and then back into a queue house which is housed in the facade building that the final drop goes through before coming back to the station.  You exit on the Lake side of the station and are emptied back on the midway at that mystery shed. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2019, 06:57:39 AM »
Another good group of pictures..  really coming along nicely