Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)  (Read 146039 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2020 Project (Thread #2)
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2019, 09:18:18 PM »
Guys, c'mon, it's a freaking construction site, lol. I'm sure it will look nice when it's actually finished. This is why the put a giant ridiculous wood fence around all their construction sites.

Thanks for the photos everyone.

I'm sure they'll have no problem getting it done for next year. It's only mid September and it's half finished (from what I can tell anyway).

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »
 ;D

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2019, 08:13:10 AM »
I hope the large Rejoice comes back during OTC.  That display was by far the classiest part of the decorations.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2019, 11:59:07 AM »
Regardless the budget and scheduling issues that may be a factor, the reality is it's going to look very ghetto if they leave Lake Silver as is next to a brand new $25 million addition. It's a shame that something as simple as a very small body of water cannot be treated as an aesthetic asset to the park. Especially considering how little the park would need to invest to treat it as such.

Why do you think they'll leave Lake Silver the same way it is now? I totally expect that it will look different in some way when the ride opens.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2019, 09:47:35 PM »
Guys, c'mon, it's a freaking construction site, lol. I'm sure it will look nice when it's actually finished. This is why the put a giant ridiculous wood fence around all their construction sites.

Thanks for the photos everyone.

I'm sure they'll have no problem getting it done for next year. It's only mid September and it's half finished (from what I can tell anyway).

And remember they have an extra month before it opens, because water rides are not open for spring break days..  Lots of time left..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »
Being behind schedule doesn’t mean that stuff won’t open on time - it means quite literally that they are behind schedule on where they wanted / needed to be

For example, the PTB wanted Rivertown Smokehouse to be decorated for Christmas.  Decoration Department gave a hard deadline for the facade to be done and it’s looking like they won’t hit it.  Smokehouse not being done when they wanted then creates other issues.  Like where is Rudolph going to go since temporary Ribhouse is in Carousel Barn

See being behind schedule has other ramifications besides just next year stuff
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2019, 11:24:18 AM »
Like where is Rudolph going to go since temporary Ribhouse is in Carousel Barn

Why couldn't they put Santa where he normal is in the queue line of River Blast, then put Rudolph and Clarice in the formal White River Mercantile?

You have a great past just ahead of you.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2019, 06:05:56 PM »

Why couldn't they put Santa where he normal is in the queue line of River Blast, then put Rudolph and Clarice in the formal White River Mercantile?

That’s been tossed around as an option but I don’t think attractions wasn’t happy about how much smaller the space would be
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:56:54 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2019, 08:23:51 PM »

I bet that's a sentence you never thought you'd type- LOL!  And only us Fans would understand it!
I'm Your Huckleberry

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2019, 07:16:12 AM »
Say Rudolph suffered from CWD and had to be put down or finally got kilt by one of the Branson Blue Hairs' RVs on 76.

About Lake Silver...

On the lake, add a water fountain show complete with  choreographing to Dueling Ban........err, Ozarkian Music. 5 minute show on top and bottom of the hour.  This was quite common in Europe from Palace Gardens to theme parks. Older folk crowd pleasers they are.  Puy du Fou had a smaller one on a lake/pond about the size of the former Lake Silver.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2019, 04:24:17 PM »
About Lake Silver...

On the lake, add a water fountain show complete with  choreographing to Dueling Ban........err, Ozarkian Music. 5 minute show on top and bottom of the hour.  This was quite common in Europe from Palace Gardens to theme parks. Older folk crowd pleasers they are.  Puy du Fou had a smaller one on a lake/pond about the size of the former Lake Silver.

While that would be nice, I don’t see how they would make any return on investing in that. I doubt anyone would go to SDC just to see the fountains, especially when the Landing has fountains for free. So I don’t think the park would see any benefit in investing in a fountain show. Also I feel like a fountain show would be difficult to see having MRF or FL in the background most likely and would create more crowd issues with people stopping along the path to see the show.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »
Say Rudolph suffered from CWD and had to be put down or finally got kilt by one of the Branson Blue Hairs' RVs on 76.

About Lake Silver...

Would absolutely love to see that.  Wouldn't cost much investment, and provide a nice extra down there.  Once those walls come down, there'll be a good bit of viewing from Fireman's Landing and Dockside Grill, along with the Landing area.

It wouldn't be something that would bring the people in, but it would be something that would keep them there and be part of the atmosphere that would bring them back.  It's little things like that that add up to big things that keep people coming.

BTW, I'll have a video look at the construction, the pumpkins and a few others things coming on Tuesday.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2019, 05:12:25 AM »
About Lake Silver...

While that would be nice, I don’t see how they would make any return on investing in that. I doubt anyone would go to SDC just to see the fountains, especially when the Landing has fountains for free. So I don’t think the park would see any benefit in investing in a fountain show. Also I feel like a fountain show would be difficult to see having MRF or FL in the background most likely and would create more crowd issues with people stopping along the path to see the show.

You know how many times i go the landing  or down 76 when I go to SDC, 1 out of  20 if that.  It is not relevant.

Anywho, I did some YouTube digging and this was found for the Puy du Fou pond with a fountain show. Obviously, Lake Sliver would be more compact. It was just a thought, kinda like the area needing a flat.

https://youtu.be/HO8ZrExRPXs

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2019, 08:53:38 AM »
About Lake Silver...

You know how many times i go the landing  or down 76 when I go to SDC, 1 out of  20 if that.  It is not relevant.

Anywho, I did some YouTube digging and this was found for the Puy du Fou pond with a fountain show. Obviously, Lake Sliver would be more compact. It was just a thought, kinda like the area needing a flat.

The area could probably use a tilt coaster (Gravity Max) on the site of FM going over the train tracks using the current site of Riverfront Playhouse too but in reality it really doesn’t.  Sad part is, my statement is more likely to happen than yours
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49:32 AM »
About Lake Silver...

I always wondered why they didn't bring some form of the laser/fountain show from CC to Lake Silver or the other side of the lake, set up some seating and do a short show a couple of times after dark.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating