Author Topic: 2018 Meet ups..  (Read 1125 times)

palallin

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Meet ups..
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »
I'm bringing my wife tomorrow for Mother's Day.  Anyone else going to be there?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 11:31:20 PM »

You and several thousand of your closest "friends" -- I'd expect a busy day tomorrow.  Nowhere near the record levels of last Saturday (It was over 29000) but it will be busy with it being "Rhonda Vincent Saturday" at the park.

Your only saving grace might be the fact that it is graduation weekend for a lot of area schools - but I don't think it will shave too many people off the attendance.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 07:28:50 AM »
[/quo

Another nice saturday?  Yes, big numbers again...  as Swoosh said not a record breaker, But there will a crowd.  Enjoy the trip..

palallin

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
Actually, the crowd was not too bad at all--I have seen MUCH worse.  There were several school bands there and quite a few Moms, but no real crowding. 

The longest lines I saw were for the Lost River, but even those weren't spilling over into the area by the Riverfront Playhouse.

It was hot, and maybe the new ride soaked up part of the crowd.  Dunno, but it was really a pleasant day.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 12:34:49 PM »
Actually, the crowd was not too bad at all--I have seen MUCH worse.  There were several school bands there and quite a few Moms, but no real crowding. 

The longest lines I saw were for the Lost River, but even those weren't spilling over into the area by the Riverfront Playhouse.

It was hot, and maybe the new ride soaked up part of the crowd.  Dunno, but it was really a pleasant day.

Thats good for you..  I was surprised at the low number.. I kinda expected 12-15,  but lower numbers makse a better day for you.. Grats!!