Author Topic: Branson in January and February  (Read 12932 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson in January and February
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 07:44:34 AM »
I was only in town for less than an hour, long enough to pull into Grand Country and eat my lunch alone then cruise up and down the strip.  It was interesting to see what restaurants were open and which were closed.  One thing that surprised me was there appeared to be quite a few cars at the Titanic.  Lot was not packed but certainly more than I expected.  By contrast there were no cars at the wax museum.  Not even sure if it was open or not.  While I was in the GC, I heard one of the workers talking to somebody saying that they had shows going in there all year long while other shows are shut down this time of the year.  I thought about driving out to the City and cruising thru but figured all I would see was an empty parking lot, so I didn't.  I put in quite a few miles yesterday driving from Nowata, OK up to Springfield, down to Harrison with the quick stop in Branson, then back up to Springfield, then to Bixby OK (south of Tulsa) then back to Nowata (1 hour north of Tulsa)  560 miles total.

Thats right.  GC (grand country) shows do run all year, 
Altough do they take a well deserved week off in Jan, and Aug. 
Other than that it is shows and business as usual every day, 7 days a week, 3 or 4 shows every day

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »
Grand Country is sold out tonight.  It's also Area Appreciation.  Are they usually sold out? Titanic is closed today for a private event.  Fritz' Adventure has packed parking lots.  I needed to hit two stores today, and they are both closed and posting winter hours. Both of them have limited Sat. hours and closed on Sundays.  You'd think they'd be open weekends and closed during the week.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2019, 06:02:58 PM »
I seem to remember Fritz adventure was area appreciation as well.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2019, 02:00:15 PM »
Grand Country is sold out tonight.  It's also Area Appreciation.  Are they usually sold out? Titanic is closed today for a private event.  Fritz' Adventure has packed parking lots.  I needed to hit two stores today, and they are both closed and posting winter hours. Both of them have limited Sat. hours and closed on Sundays.  You'd think they'd be open weekends and closed during the week.

Yes, I know the feeling..
I stopped in at clay cooper;s theatre to buy seaon passes for this year fir The Haygooods (the box office wouldnt sell them to me over NYE weekend for some reason??).   
stopped in about 1 Sat afternoon... 
NOPE!! 
Locked up, tried to call, damn answering machine..  Nobody around.. 
ON a sat?
really?
shows start in 2 weeks, not supposed to make reservations without your SP.... HMMM??  Real Convinent!!!! >:(
Guess I will have to "handle" it a different way....  LOL.!!! (( Good thing I know the "goods personally...))

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
I was in the area today for work so I decided to take a little detour and cruise the strip.  It was a ghost town, but even at that, still got stuck behind somebody going about 20mpg.  I dont know why people suddenly forget how to drive once they get out there.  I ate lunch at the Grand Country and there were about 2 other people in there with me.

How many here remember when 76 was the only road, and those bumper stickers on the front of local cars that said, "I'M A BRANSON NATIVE AND I'LL HELP YOU TURN LEFT!"

And they would stop so that you could.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2019, 07:42:48 AM »
I was in the area today for work so I decided to take a little detour and cruise the strip.  It was a ghost town, but even at that, still got stuck behind somebody going about 20mpg.  I dont know why people suddenly forget how to drive once they get out there.  I ate lunch at the Grand Country and there were about 2 other people in there with me.

How many here remember when 76 was the only road, and those bumper stickers on the front of local cars that said, "I'M A BRANSON NATIVE AND I'LL HELP YOU TURN LEFT!"

And they would stop so that you could.

Well  i dont remember that..  LOL

Now? NO bumper stickers......
NO!!  Help turning left , or even help getting out into the traffic flow...  LOL

milhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 03:15:06 AM »
John- is this code still good for out of town guest? Will be in town this weekend and would love to visit y’all on Sunday.

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2019, 09:23:07 AM »
Hi, yep, should work!
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun